Can anyone recommend a detox that doesn't involve a "bought

Options
zeeeb
zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
I'm thinking of doing a detox to get myself kick started again, i've been plateauing for 3 weeks now.

I don't think it's necessary to buy some "detox potion", i'm pretty sure it's just down to cutting out processed foods, coffee, etc....

anyone have any recommendations on a food guide to do this.

Thanks

Replies

• Crystal82186
    Crystal82186 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Actually, I do!

It's a two day detox. I did it when I first began my weight loss program.

The evening before you'd like to begin, eat a fiber rich dinner of whole grain rice and vegetables, and drink plenty of water.
    Then, for the next two days, drink 3-4 8 oz. glasses each day of 100% juice, I used Welches fruit juices and I also had 2 low sodium V8 tomato juices each day. Also, drink a lot of water.

I included a probiotic from GNC with my detox to help my stomach. I'm not entirely sure what it did, but I took it anyways. lol
    I got this detox from Wellabella, the GNC magazine.

The day after your two day detox, break your fast with a small breakfast, like a fruit. I had a nice sized apple. :) If you have any questions, let me know and I will find the magazine and do my best to help you out.

Good luck! :smile:
  • sally125
    sally125 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have done this detox a couple of times and it helps me get back on track if I have sort of gone astray for one reason or another.

No caffeine, no sugar (this includes all forms of sugar and any fake sugar) no alcohol, no animal products, and no gluten. Follow it from 7 to 21 days and you will feel better and be eating much healthier. Basically it is fresh fruits and vegetables and like you said no processed food because most of it will have sugar of some kind in it. You don't have to buy anything special but you do have to read labels like crazy you will be surprised to see just many different forms of sugar are in your food.

Good Luck
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    I drink warm water with lemon juice every morning...