What is your Food..for lack of a better word "Heroin"?

Options
Just curious to see what everyone's "heroin" food is :devil: ....

Mine is bread...any kind...muffins, biscuits, bread sticks, sliced bread, bread with butter, bread with garlic, bread with cheese. Restaurants I am terrified of because of this addiction - That seafood place with the awesome cheddar cheese biscuits (feel the pounds adding up just thinking of it), the steak place with the yummy yeast rolls and cinnamon butter, the Down under steak place with - what is that -pumpernickle bread? :blushing:

I am one big addict of the bread group and it was then only thing I have given up. After all, 1 cheddar cheese biscuit, I think not, 2 or 3 is more like it.:sick: It kills me that I work next a big chain Bread shop...pssst...it starts with a "P"

There ... I have said it ... My name is Beth and I am addicted to bread....it has been 41 days without bread....and as I do eat the whole grain 100 calorie sandwhich thins....really...its not yummy yeast bread.

So anyways....what is your addiction that you quit in this quest for a healthy and better body?:bigsmile:

Replies

• hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My name is Heather and I'm addicted to Cheesies. Any brand, hard or soft, baked or fried....but I did buy a bag, and it has been sitting in the pantry for 3 days un-opened. I'm amazed at my will power on that one.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    My Name is Bethany and I'm addicted to peanut butter cups. But it has been almost a month since I had one...
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Chips!! If I open a bag you can bet it will be gone. I think I'm having chip withdraw right now!!!!
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My name is Denise and I am addicted to bread - specifically, pastries oozing in butter with gobs of jam. I don't miss either one. I would kill for a big ol' bowl of Chinese rice about now though! :laugh:
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Chili's used to make a dish--it was a toasted tortilla with carmelized onions, grilled chicken, and melted cheeses (white cheeses, sort of like gouda and camembert mixed). I'd dip it in sour cream, and used to joke with the manager that it was "where the heroin lived." When Chili's stopped making it, I started making it myself at home. Not quite as good, but also not nearly as high in calories, fat, or sodium.

Their classic nachos were pretty opiated, too.

And Skor bars. Used to melt those babies down and mainline them.

Dangit.

Yeah, my name is Kris, and I'm addicted to just about any rich, cheesy, buttery dish that wanders my way.

;-)

Kris
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Dove chocolates with almonds... frozen. mmmmmmmmmm
    :love:
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    Diet coke. I think they put crack in there.

AND

5 Guys Burgers and Fries. Thank goodness I don't work near one anymore.
  • eviltwinkie
    eviltwinkie Posts: 153
    Options
    Good fried chicken.

I'm not talking store stuff (easy to turn my nose up at), or KFC, or most restaurant fried chicken (not much better than KFC), but REALLY GOOD, perfectly crispy, hot, tasty, meat falling apart fried chicken. With biscuits. Might have a heart attack on the spot if they have good gravy.

Holy #$%$, it makes me drool just thinking about it. When I find it, and give in, I will eat until I'm almost sick. The 'you're full' circuit is overloaded by fat, calories, and warm chickeny goodness.

Luckily... I don't let myself go to those places too often (it's been almost a year... sniff.) The only place I know 'nearby' is across town, terrible parking, and it's a tiny little place. Nicer than a hole in the wall, but still that tiny (so often guaranteed a long wait.)
  • Tullly
    Tullly Posts: 3
    Options
    My name is Tully, and I am addicted to crunchy peanut butter. I've been clean for about a month, but things are looking shakey...
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    beer, pizza, chocolate of any kind
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Anything sweet and bad for me. When I binge I literally look for the thing with the most empty sugars and carbs because I know that's what packs the most punch. Blizzards are the primo food-crack for me.
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Candy and baked goods (not bread, but pastries/cookies/cake). If it's sweet and tasty, I'll eat the whole thing. I can't keep these foods in the house, and it's probably a good thing because they're so high in calories!
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Anything sweet and bad for me. When I binge I literally look for the thing with the most empty sugars and carbs because I know that's what packs the most punch. Blizzards are the primo food-crack for me.

Like the Dairy Queen Blizzard? Baskin Robbins has a like disaster called a "Blast." I went through a patch in college where I couldn't get enough dairy. It was a constant thing--milk, ice cream, yogurt, shakes, cheese--didn't matter what it was, it was ALL I wanted. During that time, I would down a Blizzard or Blast a day, just to keep the cravings at bay--I'm not joking when I say they were akin to nicotine cravings. I came to call them "Blastards" because of what they did to me. Never did figure out the desperate need for dairy--it passed as quickly as it came, leaving me 60 pounds or so heavier.

Pure evil. You're right, they're where the heroin lives.

Kris
  • cassmsta
    cassmsta Posts: 75
    Options
    Dark beer and bread.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Well sweets in general... particularly chocolate chip cookies.... are my kryptonite! I haven't had a chocolate chip cookie since before January 10th. I also love cake, ice cream, cobblers, pies, cheesecake, bread pudding .... need I go on? The only sweets I don't like are doughnuts and pastries. I've had about 5 cheat days since I started where I let myself indulge in a few of these... so dangerous!!!

Now of the foods I do allow myself to have regularly... my "heroin" is Cinnamon Raisin Swirl peanut butter by Peanut Butter & Co. I LOVE the stuff. If you love peanut butter.... you've gotta try this stuff..... but beware... it's addicting! I could hide in my closet with a jar of that and a spoon and just eat the whole darn thing. I still let myself have it daily.... but just a little bit of it. I look forward to it alllllll day long and I eat it just before bed!
  • JustBreathSB
    JustBreathSB Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Pizza is my drug.
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    My name is Bonnie and I'm addicted to Moutain Dew(not diet....yes the fat kind) and Moscato Wine. They are my downfall.....that is all I have to say, check my diary!
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Cake.... when I was fat I was never too bothered about it but now i'm skinny... it's all I want. I have literally had dreams about eating cake. Carrot cake and brownies are the worst! I went on a carrot cake bender a few months ago and was trying every brand imaginable to find the best one (Boots or M&S). The worst thing is, a tiny portion of carrot cake can be about 400 cals... and I don't have tiny portions!

Mmm.. carrot cake. I really want some now. It's only been 8 days since the last time I had it!
  • LOLmerrill
    LOLmerrill Posts: 43
    Options
    Carbs - life-long veg who is *highly* addicted to bread & pasta.
    Diet coke - pure crack. I'm sure I'll justify the inevitable brain tumors.
    Peanut Butter - 200 cals per 2 tbsp. wtf? So cruel. I could put in everything. I could eat a whole jar.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    My name is Stephanie and I'm addicted to chips (especially Pringles!) and Pizza. Although, I'm learning to live without the pizza...and to stay away from the chips!