Ready to change!

Options
While it's much more fun to eat what you want and not think about it, it's not fun at all to face the chubby girl in the mirror everyday. Especially when the chubby girl was a beauty queen once upon a time. Things have gotten progressively worse in every aspect of my life as my weight has gone up. Other chubby girls will tell you that you just need is to learn to love yourself the way you are, but in reality, if that were true, more chubby girls would be glamourized in the media. I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, just how I view things. I know from my own experiences that I'm judged by my weight, even by those close to me that shouldn't judge at all. :angry:
So, I'm here to change. Forever and for me! Some of my reasons may be vain, but this is America, I've been conditioned to be that way. :happy:

Replies

• racie3
    Options
    While it's much more fun to eat what you want and not think about it, it's not fun at all to face the chubby girl in the mirror everyday. Especially when the chubby girl was a beauty queen once upon a time. Things have gotten progressively worse in every aspect of my life as my weight has gone up. Other chubby girls will tell you that you just need is to learn to love yourself the way you are, but in reality, if that were true, more chubby girls would be glamourized in the media. I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, just how I view things. I know from my own experiences that I'm judged by my weight, even by those close to me that shouldn't judge at all. :angry:
    So, I'm here to change. Forever and for me! Some of my reasons may be vain, but this is America, I've been conditioned to be that way. :happy:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck! We are all here for you. :happy: Stay Positive!
  • monica5237
    Options

You are not being a Debbie downer, But I do agree with you. Our media is all about being skinny it should be teaching us to be healthy not "skinny" I want to be smaller too and i am well on my way but I am doing it for me and me only!!! I have never been a beauty queen but I want to become that beauty queen. I know you can do it I am doing it and if i can I know anyone can. I have been gig my entire life and now I am down to almost my pre child weight and my oldest is 18 now :blushing: so i can't say it is baby weight anymore i have tried lol
  • tookieb
    Options
    Hi there and welcome!!
  • savanuh
    savanuh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    you are going to love this site!! stick to it and it will work for you:smile:
  • danledford
    Options
    Well, here I am. I am the girl with "the great personality". Now I am ready for my body and personality to match. My friend, Katy, told me about this website. Hopefully the accountability will help. I love food. Fast food, wings, beer, chips!!!! I enjoy it. I work a nightshift job and if you know anything about women...we love to eat.