I need help!!!

Options
I'm new to all this and I'm extremely confused about how much to eat vs exercise. I'm 5'6 and weigh 158 I'm trying to lose as much weight as possible in the next two weeks before my vacation. My BMR is 1500. Can someone tell me how many calories to eat and how many to burn to lose weight?

Replies

• BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    don't eat your exercise calories. and stay with the calorie amount ur daily amount is.
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    I'm back to being confused.... some people say to eat back the calories you burn other people say not to eat back the calories you burn.... which is it. I'm at a stand still in my weight loss.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    This is a controversy on here. I personally eat my exercise calories because it helps rebuild your body. Plus it can be difficult to stick to the diet if you don't. Plus you will have more energy. Follow what your food diary says and you should be fine.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You need to eat at least 1200 a day but if you still feel hungry at the end, you need to eat back your exercise calories or your body will go into starvation mode.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Eat at least 1200 calories a day....you can workout as much and as hard as you can to lose the weight in such a short amount of time.

Normally I would say eat most of your exercise calories back....but it's a short period of time.
  • donmikulecky
    donmikulecky Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Probably the least accurate numbers are calories burned. It so depends on the circumstances. It takes 3500 calories to lose a pound. When i was running 10 miles a day a small fraction of this came from thar severe exercise. I now an basically crippled and can't do that any more. Use the tools here to log in your food eaten and set your goals as the program allows you to do. It works. I am doing fine with almost a sedentary life. I eat good food and only as much as I require according to the plan i established here. lost 13 pounds in a little over a month with little effort. Do it. We are with you!