Just need to vent.

Options
Does this ever happen to you? Nothing is ever said out loud but as the biggest woman in my family the only pictures that get taken of me are the ones where everyone is expected to pose. In 4 years and 3 kids I can probably count the number of pictures of me and anyone (including the kids) on one hand. I could just cry some days as there are no nice pics of me and my kids I look terrible in all of them. I guess that is my motivation I should get one of those bad pics and blow it up to poster size and hangi it up. I was never a beauty queen but I was not bad looking when I was 25. I am trying to get back there.

Replies

• tookieb
    Options
    Does this ever happen to you? Nothing is ever said out loud but as the biggest woman in my family the only pictures that get taken of me are the ones where everyone is expected to pose. In 4 years and 3 kids I can probably count the number of pictures of me and anyone (including the kids) on one hand. I could just cry some days as there are no nice pics of me and my kids I look terrible in all of them. I guess that is my motivation I should get one of those bad pics and blow it up to poster size and hangi it up. I was never a beauty queen but I was not bad looking when I was 25. I am trying to get back there.
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    AWW.:cry: It will be ok. I know what your talking about though. like me and many others you are probably your own worst critic. just keep a smile on your face and your head held high. Good luck and hope you acheive all you set out to do.
  • susan62
    Options
    I, too, have very, very few pics of myself. I look horrible in them all and I cringe and run if anyone tries to take my picture. However, I would love to have a picture of myself with my grandbabies, I just can't bring myself to sit for one even though every one tells me, "you look great". I really don't believe them. I took the advice from a post on here, I put a picture of myself on my desk so I will be motivated to become a smaller, healthier me. Next pic, I'll be smaller and smiling.:smile: Good luck with your goals, it will happen for you if you really want it.:flowerforyou:

94358.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    :cry: I have the same problem. In 8 years we've been together, the only pictures from the past 6 years of my husband and I are from our wedding last year... and I don't have the up because I look so horrible in them. :brokenheart:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Tookie-- one day at a time, dear. You're describing us all, no doubt. Before long you'll pass a mirror and say, "Hey, that's me!!" And you'll see a thinner, healthier, happier you-- hang in there.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I recommend, for you, getting 100 photos taken. Really, we judge ourselves too harshly in pictures. It'd be better to change that habit.
  • tookieb
    tookieb Posts: 89
    Options
    I, too, have very, very few pics of myself. I look horrible in them all and I cringe and run if anyone tries to take my picture. However, I would love to have a picture of myself with my grandbabies, I just can't bring myself to sit for one even though every one tells me, "you look great". I really don't believe them. I took the advice from a post on here, I put a picture of myself on my desk so I will be motivated to become a smaller, healthier me. Next pic, I'll be smaller and smiling.:smile: Good luck with your goals, it will happen for you if you really want it.:flowerforyou:

94358.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
    I don't know how many grandkids you have or how many other grand parents there are in your family but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE just let them take the pictures. Grand parents are some of the most important people in the world. My oldest daughter who is 4 now only got to be with my dad for 11 months. He died on Fathers day one month before her 1st birthday so my other 2 kids will never know what a wonderful person he was. :sad: If not for yourself then do it for them. And when you get your skinny pictures taken with them they can look back and say "Wow what a strong person Grandma was look at what she accomplished".
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    You know I think thats a mom thing. There are barely any pics of my mom, and tons of us as kids, because she always took the pictures, lol. I know what you mean though, I get offended when people are walking around with a camera, and it feels like they are intentionally excluding me. Hang in there, you can do this if you really want it!
  • tookieb
    tookieb Posts: 89
    Options
    Thanks, it's good to know I'm not alone on this one.:smile: