:( Headache

Options
Have had a headache since I started this MFP calorie counting diet....I am not really depriving myself of too much, and I never made it thru the whole giving up my coffee thing. I am under my calories everyday and drinking tons of water. Why have I had a nonstop headache for almost 2 weeks now? I take asprin, it goes away for a couple hours then comes right back. Anyone else go thru this or have any idea what it might be?

Replies

• EMSNJOEY
    EMSNJOEY Posts: 20
    Options
    sometimes headaches can be an indicator of blood pressure issues. I would check with your doc if it has been going on for 2 weeks. Good luck!
  • lorilynette
    Options
    Yes, me too. I don't know if mine was combined with a cold too, but for 4 weeks I suffered headaches. I have no medical basis for saying this, it's just a thought, but I wondered if because my diet had changed so drastically my body was flushing out some of the junk? One other thought, are you letting your blood sugar get to low? Are you eating regular meals including some lean proteins? Hope it goes away soon!
  • jnettiedotson
    Options
    sometimes headaches can be an indicator of blood pressure issues. I would check with your doc if it has been going on for 2 weeks. Good luck!

I have an appointment Monday for something else, but I will def bring this up. The thing is, my doctor is a complete *kitten* and never takes ANYTHING I say seriously....like the fact that I've gained 20 lbs since I got the Mirena IUD. I have never had blood pressure issues, but I've always suffered from migraines and headaches, but not so much ongoing like this.
  • jnettiedotson
    Options
    Yes, me too. I don't know if mine was combined with a cold too, but for 4 weeks I suffered headaches. I have no medical basis for saying this, it's just a thought, but I wondered if because my diet had changed so drastically my body was flushing out some of the junk? One other thought, are you letting your blood sugar get to low? Are you eating regular meals including some lean proteins? Hope it goes away soon!

I am a big fan of meat, so I do get enough protein for sure but I am not sure what else could cause my blood sugar to go low. I have really almost completely cut sweets out of my diet, where as before I was eating cookies, icecream, chocolate, etc. every day....hmmmm.............
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    You said you are under your calories every day -- how far under? If you're not getting at least close to 1200 (which is the minimum you should have), your body might be reacting because of that.
  • jnettiedotson
    Options
    You said you are under your calories every day -- how far under? If you're not getting at least close to 1200 (which is the minimum you should have), your body might be reacting because of that.

There have been days when I eat all of them I'm supposed to, then burn more than half of them. I don't want to eat them all back, and I'm usually not hungry. Like the other day, I walked FOREVER and after logging my food and my exercise I had almost 700 calories left at 11:00 p.m., and I was tired. Not about to sit up and eat them all back, I want to go to bed!
  • Nana_Anne
    Nana_Anne Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I had a headache today but noticed I needed sleep and my sugar was low. I tried tylonal which didn't help. Then I had some tea that is caffenated with honey and my headache was gone. 20 plus years sober, six years of not smoking but that caffine and sugar BINGO! Somethings I don't try to give up. I usually have five small meals a day that keeps me level. And yep along with being obese comes very close to diabetes. Which I control with diet. I say all of this because you have to know your own body. Doctors have a 15 minute block to see you in. So I keep my history and current meds on my computer and at the bottom "reason for visit" I fill that in days before I go and add anything before I print the paper out on the night before I go. This helps to keep the visit focused on what you need. Remember the doctor works for you! I hope some of this helps and your headache goes away soon. Hang in there!
  • eviltwinkie
    eviltwinkie Posts: 153
    Options
    If you don't like your doc... start looking for a new one. Lifes too short to put up with an A hole as a physician. Migraines are bad enough without someone who's not understanding.

That said, you should do your best to eat the calories. Maybe see if something sweet (a nice ripe fruit) will help quickly alleviate the headaches. But I wouldn't focus entirely on that. Could be blood pressure. Very well could be the implant/Mirena. Migraines aside, if the timing coincides, headaches ARE a common side effect of any birth control. You could be experiencing one of the many side effects they like to downplay. ;)