Really hot baths

Options
Does anyone think really hot baths help in weight loss? I googled it, I guess spas are a big thing. I know you're just getting rid of water from your body, but could this be a positive thing at all?

In my own imaginary world it makes me feel slimmer :tongue:

Replies

• Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    Does anyone think really hot baths help in weight loss? I googled it, I guess spas are a big thing. I know you're just getting rid of water from your body, but could this be a positive thing at all?

In my own imaginary world it makes me feel slimmer :tongue:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I take a really hot bath every night. . .and I'm pretty sure it does nothing in the weight loss department. I have heard that epsom salts can help with water retention, but it's never worked for me (works for muscle pain, though).

It does feel good, though. . .

and there's nothing wrong with THAT.:flowerforyou:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I am unsure this would do anything.... sorry.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I know that they are good for helping you relax....and stress is a factor in wieght gain...In a backwards way they could help you lose wieght:laugh:

I knew about epson salts for muscles. Mom was told by the doctor to have an epson bath when she had that pinched nerve a year or so back
  • Ang8178
    Options
    I know that they are good for helping you relax....and stress is a factor in wieght gain...In a backwards way they could help you lose wieght:laugh:

I knew about epson salts for muscles. Mom was told by the doctor to have an epson bath when she had that pinched nerve a year or so back

Soooo true!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I hate hot baths. They make me sweat-- kinda defeats the purpose of taking a bath. I need another one when I'm done. :noway:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I hate hot baths. They make me sweat-- kinda defeats the purpose of taking a bath. I need another one when I'm done. :noway:

Yeah me too....I like showers...I get bored in the tub...I'd rather lay and watch tv if I'm going to relax :yawn: :yawn:
  • Ang8178
    Options

Haha, that's why I do it! I just rinse off after :wink:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I LOVE a hot bath! I have one every single night - park of my new routine since joining MFP - I love to read a book or a trashy mag (think US Weekly) and have a good long soak!
    :flowerforyou:

I once read that the hot water raises body temperature which burns more calories / raises metabolism, but that sounds a little hokey. I just love the relaxation factor!
  • iKate5261
    Options
    Even if it doesn't what a great thing to do. Thanks for the idea. I have heard that the sauna, and the wraps are good for detoxifying your body. And fighters do where those sweat suits when they work out. As long as you stay hydrated it may help.:happy:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Yeah me too....I like showers...I get bored in the tub...I'd rather lay and watch tv if I'm going to relax :yawn: :yawn:

oh, my gosh-- me, too. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-- hubby LOVES them, I hate 'em.