What now?

Options
So I hit my main goal of 155, and am still getting use to having lost 25 pounds and being small again. Now I figure if I can do that I can loose the last ten, which would get me down to what I weighed in high school. I am down to 151, which is awesome, the smallest I have been in 6 years. Though now that I have hit the first and major goal, I am having a hard time telling myself NO. I want a milkshake, ice cream, cheeseburger, fries, and chips. School just ended for the summer and now I don't have a gym. I work out at home, and have my bike all set, but am having a hard time not reverting back to my old habits of TV and crafting. Mostly because I feel like I look good and am ok if I don't loose that last bit of the weight. Not sure what I need to get back on the band wagon, but what now?

Replies

• LoriIAM
    LoriIAM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Think about what you were thinking when you first got on the bandwagon.

Be confident. You know how to lose weight. It's not painful and it's so rewarding. Go for it.

Lori
  • advocatus
    advocatus Posts: 8
    Options
    Allow yourself a treat now and then. A milk shake is okay, if you balance the calories over the course of the week. Remember we can't do this by completely negating our cravings, or we are doomed to fail. Occasionally, we have to have what we really want... but that is the beauty of calorie counting. Milk shake today, broccoli and carrots tomorrow.... or even better, broccoli and carrots today, milk shake tomorrow.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    good job!

glad you have done so well.

the trick to not giving into all those cravings and wants is to give in..really..denile is the worst thing you can do to yourself, because it makes us binge. so the key is moderation. reward yourself every once in an while with a treat. set a set time to watch tv or do your hobbies, and when the time is up stop..just keep it up..you'll do fine
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Maintenance IS kinda scary right?!? Now how do we keep the scale from NOT moving? =)
    When I get there, I'm just going to try to BALANCE - calories in, calories burned.
    Of course treat yourself - then burn it.
    Eat it - work it off. Logical to me?!