Evenin'...I am new...

Options
Hi, my name is Pam...I am new. This weekend is my 20th high school reunion...when I left high school, I weighed 125 lbs. 20 years, 4 kids and a diagnosis of fibromyalgia later, I weigh 264 lbs. I don't care so much what the high school people think...mostly bc I am still close with my BFF's and they love and support me. What does concern me is that I am obese and not able to care for my family the way I should. :sad: It is very depressing.

I realized this weekend when I struggled to walk around a college fair for my 3 oldest kids that I had to do something...NOW. So while exercise is hard for me, I am going to make an effort. I walked around my building on my break this morning :smile: (but couldn't in the afternoon bc of the rain) and rode my stationary bike for 30 min tonight.

So that is my story.

Replies

• PammieT
    PammieT Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, my name is Pam...I am new. This weekend is my 20th high school reunion...when I left high school, I weighed 125 lbs. 20 years, 4 kids and a diagnosis of fibromyalgia later, I weigh 264 lbs. I don't care so much what the high school people think...mostly bc I am still close with my BFF's and they love and support me. What does concern me is that I am obese and not able to care for my family the way I should. :sad: It is very depressing.

I realized this weekend when I struggled to walk around a college fair for my 3 oldest kids that I had to do something...NOW. So while exercise is hard for me, I am going to make an effort. I walked around my building on my break this morning :smile: (but couldn't in the afternoon bc of the rain) and rode my stationary bike for 30 min tonight.

So that is my story.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Welcome first of all. This is a wonderful site that Im glad I was able to find. I have heard that water arobic (sorry for the spelling) is a great way to exercise and low impact also. Remember to start out SLOW. I have had a hard time doing this myself however I have a great support system that makes me slow down. I have gained a lot of weight in the last year. I have wants called a conversation disorder so my stress and anxiety converts into seizures. I have done things slowly and still have lost weight. You can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • DonnaReed
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am new to the site and thankful for my wonderful sister in law who introduced me to it. I have struggled for many years with eating and trying to be healthy and I am looking forward to learning more about this and putting good practices to good use.

I am also looking forward to meeting and getting to know everyone and appreciate the motivation and support that I know this safe haven will provide.

I have been marfied for 23 years, we have a son in college and are empty nesters this year and just cooking for my husband and myself has been a real adjustment.

Thanks for letting me be part of this forum. And I love the 50's . .hence my photo!
    :wink:
  • heathercoolio
    heathercoolio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Gorgeous!!

Thank you for introducing me to this site!!! I am excited to work with my BFF Pam to work on losing weight. My name is Heather. I also have the 20 year reunion coming up this weekend. I have had juvenile rheumatoid arthritis since I was baby, so I did have it in high school, but at 115 lbs, it didn't affect me too badly.

I weigh 219 lbs now and am trying hard to get it off. I go to the gym and do weight training but it is hard to isolate some muscles since my right ankle, left ankle, and right elbow are fused in one position. Also I can't bend my knees backwards past 90 degrees. Anyhoo, I am working away at it and trying not to let the limitations get me down. I would love to know if anyone would like to talk on the phone in the mornings when I am on the treadmill? LOL!!!!

L8rs!