Water-should I sign up for a water delivery plan?

Options
Okay, I am thinking about signing up for a home delivery service for water so that I will have no excuse of why I don't drink it. I just hate hate hate tap water...even with Chrystal Light added to it....I've been buying bottled water by the case every week, then I thought "...you know, I can spend the same amount of money on a water service with free rental on the cooler for the same amount of money, plus my roomies and the cat would have great water as well." Anyone have any opinions on this? I know it's Saturday Night and you're probably out, but I thought I would pose this question. Thanks to all!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• angie_roo
    angie_roo Posts: 55
    Options
    What about getting a Brita jug? It makes the tap water taste better but is much cheaper then bottled water.
  • xxjacqueline
    xxjacqueline Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have a pitcher that filters the tap water and makes it taste like water should! They are probably way cheaper than a water delivery service.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I have a brita pitcher. Love it.
  • SarahEDubb
    SarahEDubb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a PUR filter on my faucet. It works wonders.
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    As I am environmentalist we bought a water cooler/heater....errrr.thingy...Was $188 from Lowes..Hot and ice cold on tap...costs us $1 to fill the 5gal bottles..is totally worth it..! The kids drink tons more than they used to and I am always filling my re-fill able bottle...and instant hot water for tea coffee and hot choc..means I often grab a hot drink when I want to snack rather than hit the fridge!!...
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    water filter. wayyyy cheaper.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    We recently switched from bottled water to a Brita pitcher, and I love it. Always use my refillable bottle now.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Brita is better for the environment. Their commercial says so.
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    We get water from a water place. We pick it up ourselves for $5 a bottle. Or we can get it for $3/bottle if we don't want our bottle re-sanatized and pre-filled. I don't have a water cooler, but we do have a pump for the bottle and I keep a jug of it in the fridge at all time. I hate tap water. It has a taste. Water should not have a taste.

Tap water is cheaper, but I am more then willing to spend $5 a week on water instead of spening it on pop.
  • ApproachingDusk
    Options
    At our old house we used to have one of those dispensers in the fridge door, but at our new place I was really upset that we didn't have one. So I ended up buying one of those hot/cold dispensers on craigslist for $25, then bought 2 of the 5gallon jugs to refill. We go through a bottle a week, and the refills are $1.50. Overall we've figured out that it would cost less than $50 a year to keep us with water. Score.
  • lizhipwell
    lizhipwell Posts: 70
    Options
    Thanks for the posts everyone! It's given me a lot to ponder!
  • lizhipwell
    lizhipwell Posts: 70
    Options
    Thanks for the posts everyone! It's given me a lot to ponder!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Depends if you see money as an issue. I used to get water delivered, and its nice and certainly saves your muscles, but it worked out more expensive than bottled water in the market. Now I just buy a crate at a time from Costco and enjoy carrying it as now I see it as a workout....lol

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • GypsyWildflower
    Options
    Cheapest most efficient and very effective way:

We have an under the sink filter. Kind of like those filters you put on your faucet, but it filters ALL the water that comes out. So you cook with clean water, and drink clean water, wash your hands with clean water, pets...etcetc. Best of all the flow isn't slowed down at the slightest. The initial system is about 60 to 70 bucks, but then about 30 every six months. I'll never go back or switch to anything else.