Burned Calories walking while doing some shopping

Options
How many calories do you think you burned walking and doing some shopping (not grocery). I walked for 6 hours today, it was very lax but I didn't have my pedometer. Do you have any idea? Thanks!

Replies

• anotherana
    anotherana Posts: 16
    Options
    i would divided that by two so like 3 hours cause you probably stopped for half of it and then iw ould say 2 miles per hour.
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I would say to pick the pace you think you averaged and guess on how much time you were actually walking was, it five hours of walking or less? That's what I would do
  • DarkMagicianGirl
    Options
    Great idea. Thanks! I just don't believe my log today here that it was more than 800 calories. Now, I found my pedometer (couldn't find it this morning).
    i would divided that by two so like 3 hours cause you probably stopped for half of it and then iw ould say 2 miles per hour.
  • CelticDestiny
    CelticDestiny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised that it's over 800 for 3 hours or more. Your body burns calories all the time, exercising or not. It just uses them faster (or more of them depending on how you want to look at it) when you are moving around, like slow walking.
  • DarkMagicianGirl
    Options
    Good point. Thanks!
    I wouldn't be surprised that it's over 800 for 3 hours or more. Your body burns calories all the time, exercising or not. It just uses them faster (or more of them depending on how you want to look at it) when you are moving around, like slow walking.