Fathers Day Picnic- Help!

Options
OK Fathers Day is tomorrow. my children wants to take dad (my hubby) to the park for a nice family fathers day picnic. We got beef hotdogs, hamburgers, chips and pop! I can't eat that stuff! Don't wanna mess up. What can I do??? HELP!

Replies

• rissyroo2002
    rissyroo2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Pack yourself (and family) a nice salad and some fresh fruit!
  • DebbiHE
    DebbiHE Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Enjoy a burger, preferably without the bun, bring some baby carrots to munch on and share, and some nice ice water. Engage in the family time without giving in to bad food choices.
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I will eat a hot dog without the bun, or a burger without the bun. Watermelon is a calorie cheap snack and picnic friendly.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    have a turkey burger on a bagelthin(100 cal) with honey mustard(no mayo) tomatoe and lettuce , if you like. bring grapes and watermelon or baked lays and bring a water bottle, and most importantly have fun ENJOY
  • KeepingChocolate
    KeepingChocolate Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    How about contributing some nice fresh cut fruit? Strawberries, watermelon, some blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries? I know that a relish tray of carrots, celery, and broccoli is considered to be another picnic friendly item. I hope some of these suggestions help. Wishing you God's best!
  • OnlyGodCan
    OnlyGodCan Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips friends! You gave some great ideas I can try and not feel left out and hungry.
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. It's OK to have small portions of burgers and chips, as long as they are within your allowed calories. Have fun, but don't punish yourself by not enjoying the food and the day. Then you'll just be miserable. If you plan ahead, and work the calories into your overall count for the day, you'll be fine. :)
  • vscott913
    vscott913 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    All great ideas here. I'm brand new here, so I don't have as much experience as some of the veterans, but I would personally figure out how many calories 1 hamburger or hot dog (with or without bun) would "cost" me, and I would do the same for every other food I think I might want to eat while at the picnic. I would also try to fill up on water. You'll probably need it anyway due to the heat. Then I would work to have a breakfast and dinner that would not go over the additional calories that I had left. If I screwed up, I'd try really hard not to beat myself up and just get back on track Monday and stay on track. Holidays don't come every day. Do the best you can. You can do it!