Unlisted Menus on Database?

jlcalimlim
jlcalimlim Posts: 3
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been good about adding foods to my food log especially when it's listed on the database, if not, I keep hold of the can, container, package, etc. of the food that I ate. How about other restaurant's that aren't listed? Say, Serendipity chain restaurant? How could I account for the food's nutrients if it's not available on the internet? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    If I eat at an unlisted restaurant, I try to choose something from another restaurant that is in the database. For example, I order a grilled chicken sandwich at a local (non-chain) restaurant and maybe log it as a Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich b/c it's very similar in size, type of bun, & condiments.
  • I tried to find the closest match as well but I wasn't quite sure on the portions and contents of some food that I had tonight. Thanks for your input! =)
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    I normally log something similar from the database as well and subtract extra calories from my total for the day in case my guess was a little off.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    When you visit the establishment as them if they have a nutrition guide
  • wnw64
    wnw64 Posts: 34 Member
    This happens all the time to me as we have alot of small mom & pop restaurants where I live.
    As such, I look for similar items from other establishments in database. I also tend to be conservate & take the higher calorie items if there are multiple. May not be perfect, but it's better than not logging anything.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    This happens all the time to me as we have alot of small mom & pop restaurants where I live.
    As such, I look for similar items from other establishments in database. I also tend to be conservate & take the higher calorie items if there are multiple. May not be perfect, but it's better than not logging anything.

This is exactly what I do. :smile:
  • When you visit the establishment as them if they have a nutrition guide

I'll start doing that from now on...Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.