My diary

Options
I dont get when i log all of the things i truly eat for the day, and finalize it, it always tells me that i am not eating enough calories, and to get as close to my allowed as i can. Every time i even try to do that, I go over on either fat or protein. I must be doing it all wrong!

Anyone have any advice for me on how to eat more (even though i dont want to), yet keep the other categories down as well??

Replies

• CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't worry too much about going over on your fat and protien, the cals are the more important thing for losing weight. it's very rare for me to ever be under on protien...lol. but i do know that if i don't eat enough of my cals, i either don't lose weight, or gain. so just focus on getting your cals up to your required net each day for now, and then as it's easier for you to do that, you can start looking at the other things like your protien and fat.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't think you should even be bothering with watching any other nutrients than calories at the moment. Unless you're doctor have recommended to watch your fats or sugars or whatever, it will most likely not affect your weight loss. It will only stress you out and cause you to under-eat like you are now. 800-1100 calories a day is nowhere near what you need to be eating. Screw macronutrients. You need to be focusing on eating right now! And, when you hit a plateau or really get the calorie part of dieting down, then you can move on to tracking other things.

Btw, going over on protein is ABSOLUTELY the last thing you should worry about. I know for sure that going over on protein will not inhibit weight loss and is not unhealthy. If anything, MFP's protein goals are set a little low.

Good luck. Glad to have you on MFP. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • True_angel4ever
    Options
    Ty to those who commented, i am going to try my best to get as close to my calorie count as i can, and not worry too much on the others right now!