Helllpp not eating 1200 cals

Options
Im not eating 1200 cals by tha end of tha day... i exercise twice a day...which is causing me 2 lose every time.... i need some helpful advice on wat 2 do... I hve lost 3 pounds in 1 week... and im scared my body might b in starvation mode....HEEELLLPPP im refusing 2 stuff myself... it doesnt make any sense....:sad:

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    You can eat good things that are high in calories but still good for you. Avocados, dried fruit, trail mix, peanut butter, fruit, nuts there are a lot of tasty things that aren't going to stuff you Good Luck
  • mandaface415
    mandaface415 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you have a hard time patting 1200 calories, you could try drinking them. Chocolate milk is GREAT for your body after a good work out :)
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Wow!. Am trying NOT to go over 1200 calories daily and I find it so difficult. Maybe u could add some gronolas to your fat free yogurt, add some honey to your wheat toasts, maybe eat some apples with peanut butter for snack. You definately don't want your body to go into starvation mode and them starts holding on to the weight and make it hard for you to continue to lose weight.

What are you eating in a single day that's keeping you full and satisfied?
  • kreid001
    kreid001 Posts: 2
    Options
    1 TO 2 pounds is the right amount to lose very week.

I lost a total of 45 pounds over this and last year, i was doing weight watcher and they always tell you 1 to 2 lbs...
    so congrats and keep on losing those two lbs.......
  • Adbrown1956
    Adbrown1956 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    okay thanks...
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Eating enough is important, for nutrition and health, and energy to fuel those workouts and get the most out of them that you can. That said, since you have a large amount to lose, your risk of starvation mode is pretty low.

Might help to read these:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/230930-starvation-mode-how-it-works

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/222019-60-lbs-in-60-days?hl=60+lbs

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/231636-the-eating-when-you-re-not-hungry-dilemma

As for how to increase cals in a healthy way:

Planning is key. Focus on balanced macros (protein/fat/carbs) in each meal/snack. Start with making sure to eat at least 3 meals a day. Breakfast is important when you're trying to overcome a habit of irregular eating or underfeeding. Once you've adjusted to that, add in snacks. Then, gradually increase the amount of cals in each meal/snack. Just 50 cals more for each meal/snack adds up. If you know you'll be working out, increase cals throughout the day.

If you're not feeling hungry, a good way to increase cals without much volume is healthy fats from natural oils (olive/canola), nuts and nut butters (almonds, pistachios, walnuts), and avocados. Also, I would stay away from "low cal" or "low fat" options. Partly because you want to increase cals, and partly because those foods are usually processed and not nutrient dense, and the cals or fat they take out is replaced by sugar (real or substitute) and sodium - not a good trade off. A fruit smoothie, protein shake or chocolate milk are good cal boosters, because drinking cals can be easier than eating when you aren't feeling hungry.

Typically, it may be hard for a week or two, but your body will adjust to the increased intake and you'll find it isn't an issue for long. Eating more will truly help your metabolism, and your appetite will increase with it.
  • Adbrown1956
    Options
    thanks... u hve been really helpful....
  • Hellokittysboo
    Options
    I Find Myself Having The Same Problem But What Helps Me Are Those Special K Bars Most Of Them are Between 90- 300 Calories and The Fill You Up.
  • Adbrown1956
    Options
    But im at 272 cals for tha day..... how am i suppossed to get to 1200?
  • mandaface415
    mandaface415 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh my!! How are only at 272 for the day?! What do you eat to give you energy to work out?
  • Adbrown1956
    Options
    Oh my!! How are only at 272 for the day?! What do you eat to give you energy to work out?
    Because im exercising twice a day..
  • Adbrown1956
    Options
    Because im exercising twice a day..
    I burn 813 cals a day