Newbie from Vancouver Island - Barb

Options
Hey, how's everyone doing? I'm just starting and wonder if anyone has any tips for keeping calories down and keeping up my calcium levels?

Replies

• sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    almond milk
    greek yoghurt - it has lots of protein too
    leafy dark green veggies
    canned salmon with bones:smile:
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    Ssorry, so rude of me, should have said Hi Barb welcome to ,mfp:flowerforyou:
  • melpalmer7
    melpalmer7 Posts: 35
    Options
    hey welcome Barb, I'm lower mainland !
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi Barb! I'm lower lower in Seattle. Welcome to MFP.

Almond milk and Almond Cheese are great products. But basically if it's eluding you as it does me, just get a daily supplement and KNOW you're getting what you need. Also, vitamin D is really important in being able to absorb calcium into bone, just as it's a huge immunity support. People in our general region of the world don't get a lot of vitamin D since the primary source is the sun. I started using 5000 milligrams daily about 3 years ago and haven't had a sick day since.
  • barbie1000
    barbie1000 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Brett, a fellow west coaster,

Thanks for the info Brett. My daughter just bought some Almond milk and I think I will give it a try. Have not heard of almond cheese but will look for it in the supermarket next time I go. I guess you cannot complain about not having a sick day since starting the Vitamin D.
    Is 5000 ml the normal dose?
    Cheers
    Barb
  • barbie1000
    barbie1000 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Sue, thanks for the tidbits. I'm going to be trying the almond milk and do eat greek yougurt.
    Happy Losing!
    Barb