Insanity too hard???

Options
I am on round 2 of P90x and have thought about trying Insanity, but I am worried that it may be too hard!!!

Replies

• LisaWrob9803
    Options
    I just did day one of Insanity, the fitness test, today. Pretty crazy. I've done P90X also, they are very different. I'll let you know.
  • lidageorge
    lidageorge Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great! btw did you do the yoga day when you did P90x?
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Doubles Hybrid of P90x Weights/Yoga and the Cardio from Insanity. The Insanity Cardio is a big step up from the P90x workouts, it's not impossible but it does require that you give 100%, I typically work in the anaerobic zone for 55 to 60% of the workout, P90X Plyo has me at about half that. If you can make it through the warm up then you can make it through the entire thing, the (non stop ~15 minute) warm up is by far the hardest bit.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I have done both P90X and Insanity multiple times. Because they are so different (one is mainly weights and the other is cardio) you can't really compare the two. However, since you have done the X before, then you should be in good enough cardiovascular shape to attack Insanity. I wouldn't think that it is too hard for you at all, and also remember that we only improve our fitness by challenging ourselves to improve. :flowerforyou:
  • RDCS
    RDCS Posts: 2
    Options
    I just completed week #2 of my first run through Insanity. I was running up-to 7 miles a day and thought I was in shape before starting..... The fit test on Day on showed me I wasn't in the shape I hoped I was LoL.
    Like many people have stated, just getting through the warm-up is tough at first, especially when your muscles are screaming in pain. Once you push through the first week or two and it starts getting a little easier (You get out of this workout what you put into it), youre ready to really push it.
    P90X wasnt for me as the moderate level of activity with a 30 second spike to max activity didnt get my heart rate where it needs to be. Insanity has no problem getting my heart rate to almost 100% of my max predicted based on my age .
    This isn't the workout for someome just starting out. I can't stress that enough. This is not a weight loss program although you will loose weight if you push yourself!
  • LisaWrob9803
    Options
    I did do the yoga day, however, yoga's not really my thing and it was almost torture for me. My flexibility did improve over time, though. I much prefer working out with weights or high-intensity cardio. The fit test was pretty grueling, so I'm a little nervous about starting the first workout today...I did watch it last night, just so I won't fall on my face trying to do it today. Pretty intimidating, but exciting too.

What everyone else says seems to be very true, they are very different workouts. I'm hoping to lose weight with Insanity, then build some lean muscle with P90X. I'm thinking I'll do the Insanity for the 60 days, P90X Lean, after, then alternate.

P90X is hard too, so I would continue on... it's awesome that you're doing it! I did see results with P90X - I think I was just looking for something with more cardio.
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You could totally do Insanity! You push yourself to your max! It is a lot of cardio, which I have loved! I recommend it to anyone!
  • SuicideRun
    Options
    I've been doing Insanity "Fast and Furious" 20 minute workout once / or twice a day. It's incredibly hard, but fun.