Camping Recipes??

mobskee
mobskee Posts: 200
I can not stop eating when I am camping and am thinking I just need to find some healthy recipes for the upcoming 4th of July trip. If anyone has any great ideas please let me know. THANK YOU! :flowerforyou:
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Take or drink lots of water. Keep active.

Being outside does that to you. I honestly can't think of any recipes. Maybe keep some fresh veggies and fruit handy.
  • PST0622
    PST0622 Posts: 115
    Stir fry some veggies and chicken, grilled cheese sandwiches, eggs and turkey bacon...not all at once though:noway:
  • make some Kale chips to munch on. They are almost no calories, are super healthy and very tasty. Wash and dry very well, totally dry is the key, 1 bunch Kale any kind, tear off the steams and tear into chip size pices, toss with 1 tsp olive oil a sprinkle of sea salt and bake at 350 for 10-15 min just before they brown, slide off baking sheet into bowl to cool and can be stored in ziplock for a week...if they last! 1 bunch kale should yeild 2 cookie sheets full.
  • deb1130
    deb1130 Posts: 38 Member
    If you have a campfire, you can cook almost anything in foil. Veggies are delicious like this. Toss broccoli, squashes, tomatoes, cabbage, onioni, peppers, --whatever you like-- together in the foil. Season with salt, pepper & a little olive oil spary. Fold it all up, toss on the fire & let it cook. Depending on the heat of the fire, 15 minutes or so.

You can do meat this way, too. "Boy Scout" or "campfire" dinners are usually hamburger, potatoes, onions, carrots cooked like this, altogether.

Stone fruits (peaches, plums, nectarines) also work.

Anything you can grill, you can wrap in foil & cook on a campfire.
  • R_mageddon
    R_mageddon Posts: 68 Member
    If you do the campfire foil dinner thing, make sure to use 2 layers of foil and put a layer of wet paper in the middle. Also make sure to fold seal the foil well or else you'll lose are your juices.

My favourite combo is a little bit of extra lean ground beef (could use ground turkey as well) sliced potatoes, onions, lot of corn and a bunch of onion salt.