Bootcamp!!

Options
Hey guys i did my very first bootcamp session last thursday, and thoroughly enjoyed it but it was pretty hard, but it made me feel as though i had used all my muscles......however halfway through friday it defo felt like i had used all my muscles, and have found it very difficult to walk, get up and down the stairs and to also get on and off the toilet lol!!! today is now sunday and i am only jst starting to feel normal again although i am still pretty sore but nothing as bad as the last couple of days, i was jst wondering if anyone knew anything else i can do to not be in as much pain as last time or is that how im supposed to feel??

I did streach and warm up and then stretched and cooled down after!!! a few people have said to have a hot bath and others have said to have an ice bath, does anyone know what i should do???

thanx for helping out a near cripple!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    stretching does nothing to ease DOMS.

the best thing you can do is keep moving, heat helps me with soreness as well as ibuprofin
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Yep, just keeping moving... I was sooo sore my first couple days of working out and I was doing not that "extreme" stuff... my thighs, for days... were KILLING me... just getting out of the chair was horrible. But now it is not as bad :P Your body will get used to it.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Yep, just keeping moving... I was sooo sore my first couple days of working out and I was doing not that "extreme" stuff... my thighs, for days... were KILLING me... just getting out of the chair was horrible. But now it is not as bad :P Your body will get used to it.
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    Yoga usually helps me a bit. I've also heard suggestions of warm epsom salts baths (never tried it, so I don't know if it works). Also very very light cardio.