i found this

Options
Emmea2729
Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
on the quorn site. i wanted to see if it actually made a difference switching to quorn

http://www.quorn.co.uk/Slimming-Club/weight-manager/

Replies

• Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that. I'm going to try thr Biriyani recipe on there at some time too I think.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Would be interested to know how this goes.

The problem with Quorn for me is that it removes all the taste with the fat, so I'd rather eat something that was naturally lower in fat than fake sausages....

That said, the taste might have improved since the last time I tried Quorn a number of years ago!
  • suzitkd
    suzitkd Posts: 110
    Options
    I think the Quorn products have improved a lot in the past few years - and there is a knack to using it - making sure you add in some extra flavour! The quorn pieces go VERY well in stir fries particularly, and the quorn mince makes a pretty good spag bol. Some of the quorn sausages are ok - get the ones with added herbs and spices etc. though they're not my favourite, still rather have a chicken sausage! I would recommend giving the quorn pieces a go though definitely, oh, and the quorn bacon style slices are really pretty yummy too! :-)
  • Emmea2729
    Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    definately improved.

i made the bolognaise for my boyfriend without telling him it was quorn. he didnt even notice!!!

and with the biryani mentioned above, use a chicken stock and you really cant tell the difference.

the texutre with some things are a bit weird, but other than that, its pretty good..

i use the mince and chicken pieces all the time.