Trouble - Eating!??

Options
:grumble: Well here it is nearly 10 at night, just finally put the kids to bed, wife is working and found out, yet again I have to eat to reach my caloric intake(350 today). I also am real close to my bedtime :yawn: (have to get up to get to the gym before work; no other time in the day.)

Some days is seems hard for me to reach the required number of calories so as not to starve the body. Big lunches slow me down in the afternoon, so I keep them light. I eat low cal snacks, when I remember. Now I have to find a snack (healthy preferred) and then go to bed.

Any ideas?? Anyone else having this problem?

Replies

• dadoftwins
    dadoftwins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Well here it is nearly 10 at night, just finally put the kids to bed, wife is working and found out, yet again I have to eat to reach my caloric intake(350 today). I also am real close to my bedtime :yawn: (have to get up to get to the gym before work; no other time in the day.)

Some days is seems hard for me to reach the required number of calories so as not to starve the body. Big lunches slow me down in the afternoon, so I keep them light. I eat low cal snacks, when I remember. Now I have to find a snack (healthy preferred) and then go to bed.

Any ideas?? Anyone else having this problem?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    you can plan ahead. Sit down and plan out what you're eat each day along with how much exercise, so you don't get caught with too many or not enough calories at the end of the day.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I never have a problem getting in all of my calories...but if you really just need to get rid of some calories and head to bed, I would have a nice big glass of milk and maybe a piece of bread with some peanut butter. That will take care of almost all of your calories, it's healthy, and I don't think it will keep you awake.
  • 612gemini
    Options
    How ironic, I was just realizing that I am having the same problem. 11pm & I still need to eat 500 calories to cover my "workout" calories, I ate a little bit over my "regular" calories for the day. I am not even a little bit hungry and if I feel too full I have a hard time sleeping....FRUSTRATING! You are NOT alone on this!
  • dadoftwins
    Options
    Thanks. Some days are easier than others; busy at work, kids activites. Then there are those BAD office days. Just have to plan ahead and keep my eye on the goal.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I plan ahead. I know what my main meals for the day are going to be when I log my breakfast. So I go ahead and log those. Then during the day I plan my snacks accordingly. I also will eat a meal bar as a snack if I'm running low on calories. I try to eat 5 times a day with around 200 calories at each meal and then 400 at supper.

But the main key is to plan ahead.

My hubby and I have 3 kids and a very busy life. if we can do it so can you.
  • dadoftwins
    Options
    I plan ahead. I know what my main meals for the day are going to be when I log my breakfast. So I go ahead and log those. Then during the day I plan my snacks accordingly. I also will eat a meal bar as a snack if I'm running low on calories. I try to eat 5 times a day with around 200 calories at each meal and then 400 at supper.

But the main key is to plan ahead.

My hubby and I have 3 kids and a very busy life. if we can do it so can you.

I know what you mean by the kids keeping you busy. Most days I'm able to keep up, but then there are those nights when the kids have some many activities going on I can't get to my evening snack as early as I want to. If I eat heavy through out the day I'm pretty useless at work. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in work, I skip the snacks I need before lunch then it feels like the whole day is off.