Steady weight gain

Options
I have dropped a good amount of weight but in the past 2 weeks I have gained back 4 lbs. I went on vacation 2 weeks ago and let loose and ate what I wanted but I would think that after working out the way I do that would be gone. I run a lot and do step aerobics a lot. I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Anyone have any insight about why I might still be gaining? I stick to the 1200 cal per day and eat a bit more if I workout. I"m starting to do more weight training. Hoping that will help!

Replies

• amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    may just be vacation catching up with you, water retention ect. keep going weight are awsome to see changes especially losing inches
  • stinabear13
    Options
    yes it could be the vacation foods keep in mind with the weight training your building lean muscle and thats going to weigh more so dont panic. im not sure if you have children, but if you have one of those mirena iuc's in , i was one of the women in the 5% who get more side effects, including snowballing weight gain and the inability to lose. as well as sever bloating where i looked 6 months pregnant in my gut. id had it removed a few weeks ago and the sever mood swings, migraines all that is gone now. you could also be retaining water too much salt. etc add another 2 cups of water drinking daliy and possibly up your calories to 1,300 so it helps feed the new muscles your building
  • rv40
    rv40 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes you may be under the 1200 calories goal but you still have to consider other factors. How much sodium, fats, protiens, sugar, and carbs you are taking in. Those little guys also contribute to weight retention. It's not the quantity of food that's most important, it's the quality. Also, if you are performing strength training if could be muscle. In that case you will use a measuring tape because the scale can be your worst enemy. Hope this helps!
  • katybecker
    katybecker Posts: 18
    Options
    I did have Mirena in for 1 year several years ago and had to have it removed. It wasn't agreeing with me either. MY husband and I don't want any children and I thought it would be a good way to ensure that instead of taking the pill everyday. I was really bummed when complications arose and I had to have it removed. =(
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I doubt you gained 4lbs if you/ve been eating sensibly and getting some exercise. My body weight fluctuates 2-4 lbs whenever it decides to and its not weight gain. Watch what you eat and toss the scale, Your not on a diet. Nobody is.
  • BlueDancer
    BlueDancer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Weight gain is very unpredictable. There is such a thing as a "delayed response", where you may not have gained all the weight from your trip in the immediate days following, but rather, the weight continues to pile on even days later.

Depending on your body type, sometimes exercise is not enough. I know for me I always lose the most through calorie restriction. Even when supposedly I have burnt off the extra food I ate through exercise, I am very lucky to even maintain weight-wise, never mind lose anything.

Hang in there hun, I know it's hard but now you're back in your normal setting, and won't have vacation temptations anymore!

xxA