Raw Organic Fudge: Not low cal but decent nutrition.

Options
DeeDeeLHF
DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
Hi everyone,

I received this through a Swanson Email. (www.swansonvitamins.com) The recipe intrigued me. I haven't tried it yet but will soon. The only thing I might change is to add a bit of pure vanilla extract. Enjoy! Donna

Chocolaty fudge... check.
Smooth, rich fudge... check.
Fudge so easy to make anyone with a food processor can do it... check.

Our Raw Organic Fudge passed every test we threw at it. It satisfied our sweet tooth without being overindulgent or heavy. But the best part is there are only 4 ingredients... and they’re all organic.

For those of you on a raw diet, this decadent dessert caps off any meal perfectly. For those not following any specific diet but want to eat well and avoid processed junk food, our Raw Organic Fudge makes the perfect treat. It gives you the sweet without the sin.

The first step to making this amazing fudge is to whip up a batch of cashew butter, which is as easy as tossing the cashews into the food processor and flipping the switch. There’s no salt in our raw organic cashews, so the sodium content is less than 1 mg per serving. The nuts do provide healthy essential fatty acids, along with great flavor.

The smooth texture of our fudge is really enhanced thanks to our organic coconut oil. And don’t let the fat content of the oil scare you. Organic coconut oil provides medium-chain fatty acids, which are metabolized quickly for use as an energy source rather than being stored as fat.

It’s sweet. It’s easy. Try our Raw Organic Fudge today!

Raw Organic Fudge

2 cups Organic Raw Whole Cashews, No Salt
1/4 cup 100% Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Organic Cocoa Powder Unsweetened
1/2 cup 100% Certified Organic Agave Nectar
Place cashews in a food processor and process for 8-10 minutes until you have a nice shiny cashew butter. This will make about 1 cup of cashew butter. Next, stir in remaining ingredients by hand. Finally, spread mixture in 8x8 pan on top of parchment paper and refrigerate for 2 1/2 hours. Cut, serve (chilled) and enjoy.

Makes 12 servings.

Nutritional Breakdown (per serving):

Calories 228, Fat 14 grams, Protein 4 grams, Sodium .8 mg, Carbohydrates 18 grams, Fiber 3 grams

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Really? Not one comment?:noway: LOL! We are talking about fudge! :love: So I shamelessly bump my own post!

I may try using softned dates instead of agave...suppose it would no longer be raw but I love the flavor of dates.

D
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I think I need to try this one soon.