My Thanks and New Pledge to You

Options
So I just got married Sept. 20th, and thanks to all of you .. I married my best friend at my goal weight set months before. I felt great! I dropped about 17 pounds and actually had to have my dress taken in at the last minute. Although I didn't have a ton to lose .. I've always struggled with some negative eating habits that I was never able to shake before this board. Even though I only posted a couple times, I was always logging on and drawing inspiration and encouragement from your posts and messages. I love how everyone is so supportive of one another.

But I have to be honest with you .. these past ten days I've eaten nothing but crap. Yes, I was on my honeymoon and didn't want to worry about calories. I also wanted to reward myself with all the things that I was staying away from. But as you may have guessed .. it is so not worth it. I've regained a few pounds and I feel like a slug. Healthy foods and exercise really does keep you feeling your best. And I don't want to throw away all my hard work. It was tough losing the weight.

So since tomorrow is Oct. 1st .. I plan to re-launch my healthy habits. I will get back to strength training and regular cardio workouts. I'll fuel my body with lean protein, frutis, vegtables and whole grains. I'll stay away from situations that will lead to overeating fatty, sugary foods. I won't buy junkfood from the grocery store or at work, despite my HUGE sweet tooth. It won't always be easy .. but during the tough times .. I'll be sure to log on and draw support from everyone here.

Thanks again!

Replies

• sdwright21
    Options
    So I just got married Sept. 20th, and thanks to all of you .. I married my best friend at my goal weight set months before. I felt great! I dropped about 17 pounds and actually had to have my dress taken in at the last minute. Although I didn't have a ton to lose .. I've always struggled with some negative eating habits that I was never able to shake before this board. Even though I only posted a couple times, I was always logging on and drawing inspiration and encouragement from your posts and messages. I love how everyone is so supportive of one another.

But I have to be honest with you .. these past ten days I've eaten nothing but crap. Yes, I was on my honeymoon and didn't want to worry about calories. I also wanted to reward myself with all the things that I was staying away from. But as you may have guessed .. it is so not worth it. I've regained a few pounds and I feel like a slug. Healthy foods and exercise really does keep you feeling your best. And I don't want to throw away all my hard work. It was tough losing the weight.

So since tomorrow is Oct. 1st .. I plan to re-launch my healthy habits. I will get back to strength training and regular cardio workouts. I'll fuel my body with lean protein, frutis, vegtables and whole grains. I'll stay away from situations that will lead to overeating fatty, sugary foods. I won't buy junkfood from the grocery store or at work, despite my HUGE sweet tooth. It won't always be easy .. but during the tough times .. I'll be sure to log on and draw support from everyone here.

Thanks again!
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :smile: Congratulations on your marriage! I'm sure you'll settle into a routine now that the honeymoon is over and life begins. Hopefully it won't take long to lose the few pounds that you gained. Darn those vacations anyway.