NSV - Running Shoes

Options
pverbarg
pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
After feeling a little achy after my weekly long run yesterday morning and over the last couple of weeks, I flipped my shoes over after taking them off and realized I've worn out my first pair of running shoes EVER! Tread was almost completetly worn down over the balls of my feet! Just had to get out and go shopping for a new pair!

It did not occur to me at all to check that as I've always gotten tired of shoes long before they were worn out before! :blushing:

Replies

• KeeleySue
    KeeleySue Posts: 158
    Options
    That's awesome! I can't wait to wear out my first pair of running shoes. =)
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    That's a great nsv!!! Well done!:drinker: :glasses:
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    That's a great nsv!!! Well done!:drinker: :glasses:
    Oops! Double-click...
  • Naia73
    Naia73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is great Pam!!! I just went a couple of weeks ago to the Runner's Forum to get fitted for a pair of running shoes...made me feel "officially like a runner!" hee hee Keep on running girl!!! September 3rd is right around the corner! :)
  • poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Great job! What a wonderful feeling... and a little bonus shopping on top of that ; )
  • heatherjm27
    Options
    This is a really great NSV, but remember if you are doing a lot of running you should replace shoes every 300 to 500 miles. The inside will break down before you can see the wear on the bottom. This is especially true if you run inside a lot. I track both my mileage and how I feel after I run.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!