Too much good not to share...

Options
barwwd
barwwd Posts: 63 Member
Ok, so since joining MFP in February, I've been one of those silent observers, spending long periods of the day reading all your inspirational stories and being motivated to keep going. I've considered posting in the past about such things as my amusement that my workout clothes are the only things that fit me properly because they are the only clothes I can justify buying. (I work from home, no one sees my sweatpants almost falling off;) ). I thought about posting this past week when my BMI finally hit the "healthy" range. [Hooray!!] But, today I just had to share...

Pre-MFP Sunday morning:
- Wake up late, possibly hungover (if hungover, fast food breakfast is necessary)
- Sit in the couch (maybe with a salty snack) and watch tv until Peapod delivered my groceries

Today:
- Wake up 8 am and have a breakfast shake
- run 2 miles around the neighborhood with the dogs
-gym
- walk to the grocery store and back home (including a gallon of milk)
- stopped at Robeks on the way for a small smoothie. Mmmm Guava Lava...
- thought about this post on the way home and then saw the Peapod delivery truck leaving my neighborhood as I was walking home. (I was the girl laughing out loud on the street this morning)

There is so much more to appreciate and enjoy when you take care of yourself and live life to its fullest. Thank you so much to all of you inspirational people with your amazing stories. You're keeping me going until the next season of biggest loser starts! Waah I miss Jillian already!!! Happy Sunday everyone!!!

Replies

• WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    This is awesome, The coolest thing for me, just reading this I feel like I get this sense of excitement and energy that you have now, this new found love of life. Like this energy is oozing out of your words. Wonderful.
  • Fancy17
    Fancy17 Posts: 15
    Options
    Great Job! You have definitely changed your habits around for the better--- and that's what this all is about, right? Living healthier?!

I was noticing your stats and I have the same goals in mind (I am same starting weight as you) and I want to have the same end weight as you
    Any words of wisdom? I just started this journey two days ago. I would soooo appreciate any advice! Thanks!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    How wonderful! I feel the same way. Some days I can't believe how much I've changed.
  • Fergie2154
    Fergie2154 Posts: 59
    Options
    What a wonderful post.
    Keep up your new great healthy way of living!

Like yourself, I am also feeling great. ...now that i have gone back to logging my foods, the cardio and weight training are paying dividends :)
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Being fit and active is sooooo much more fun!! On that note, I think I will go for a bike ride through the countryside.
  • pacmanjack
    pacmanjack Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Well said. Enjoyed reading that. Keep up the good work. Thanks for the motivation.
  • sadielane
    sadielane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What a great story to start my morning. Thank you for sharing! And I agree about BL, it'll be interesting to see where it goes without her :frown:
  • barwwd
    barwwd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You have definitely changed your habits around for the better--- and that's what this all is about, right? Living healthier?!

I was noticing your stats and I have the same goals in mind (I am same starting weight as you) and I want to have the same end weight as you
    Any words of wisdom? I just started this journey two days ago. I would soooo appreciate any advice! Thanks!

Mostly I'm just really fanatical about MFP. My fiance and I don't really "diet," just eat everything in moderation. We still eat dessert occasionally, just in small portions and we'll share. If we go out to eat, I look at the menu and nutrition facts online and plan what I will eat before we go so I know how many calories I'll be eating. And always get water. Saves money and calories! Fruits and veggies are the most important to me because they do a good job of filling you up without too many calories. Eventually my body got to the point where if I eat a lot of fruit during the day, I crave veggies for dinner.

Also I got a heart rate monitor to track calories for cardio activities. Since MFP is only estimating your calories based on your exercise, it can sometimes be off by 100 or more calories. Like for me it way overestimates my bike rides. After some research (mostly on MFP) I got a Polar FT7, which has worked really well. BUT I did lose at least 20 pounds on MFP without a heart rate monitor so it isn't something you have to go out and buy today.

Also, finding an exercise that you really enjoy keeps you going. We started training for a half-marathon in February and before that I had never run more than a pathetic short attempt on a treadmill. We started with jogging for 10 minutes around the neighborhood and built up from there (no more than 10% a week increase). I found that I really love running and so I look forward to doing it. That way you don't dread your workouts. The hardest part is keeping with it during those inevitable plateaus you'll get every once in awhile. You just have to keep going and know that your weight will drop if you keep track of everything on MFP. I like looking at everyone's success stories to keep me going. One lady had a pic of her standing in ONE LEG of the jeans she used to wear! Wow that's inspirational!! And remember... weight loss is simple math. Put in your food and exercise and stay at or below your calories and you will loose. Everyone can loose weight and it is soooo worth it!!!

I saw the best quote the other day on someone's page.... "A year from now, you'll wish you had started today." Imagine where we'll all be in a year! Good luck!!
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. It is so great to hear that you have chosen to make yourself healthier to live longer to enjoy life. Wow! love it. To all MFP's enjoy your day.
  • shellshell43
    shellshell43 Posts: 116
    Options

(I was the girl laughing out loud on the street this morning)

There is so much more to appreciate and enjoy when you take care of yourself and live life to its fullest.

I so enjoyed this post you have found a new found love of life and your post conveys it so well- as WolffEarl said " Like this energy is oozing out of your words." Couldn't have said it better because that statement is spot on!
    I feel the same...I enjoy pushing myself. I am more motivated and proud of my accomplishments - it makes me a happier person all around...
    Thanks for the inspiration today!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!