What am I doing wrong???

Options
What am I doing wrong??? I'm working out 4-5 days/week eating healthier than I ever have before... and drinking water which I don't like but do it now and still the scale hasn't moved from my last weigh in. Any suggestions would greatly appreciated.

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Twin Cities-er! The answer most likely lies within your food diary. Feel free to friend me or open your diary to the public so we can take a look and see if other's have suggestions for you. Don't give up!!! I know it's frustrating at times, but if you hang in there... you WILL achieve your personal goals! :)
  • leftypitch9
    Options
    What do you have your goals set to? I had this problem as well. I had my settings to losing 2 lbs. a week. This works for a couple weeks then my body said no!! I changed my settings to losing one lb a week, which gave me more to eat. Surprisingly, the pounds started falling the very week I changed it.
    Oh, and if you hate water, try crystal light or a mio. It had made drinking water much easier for me :)
    Hope this helps.
  • liloud
    liloud Posts: 2
    Options
    The one thing I don't like about this site is that even though you "earn" extra calories by exercising, mfp encourages you to eat them up. I don't know what you're doing for exercise, but I would try to leave 150 - 200 calories in reserve at the end of the day and see what happens. obviously you don't want to go too low or your metabolism will slow down, but don't eat up what you earn and see if that helps.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    This is so vague that nothing we say can be right. It's like asking me to tell you what you did wrong in a math problem with only telling me the answer you came up with, only providing an overview of the question, and not showing me your work. There are a slew of questions that need answered to even have a hope:

1. what are you eating? (can't see your diary)
    2. when was your last weigh-in
    3. is this the first non-drop
    4. what your exercises

and there are many questions beyond this, but they generally can be answered by the questions above.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Are you watching your sodium? |To much for me makes the scale stand still.
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    My food diary is now open to the public.
  • dcladydi
    Options
    1. diary is now open

2. My last weigh in was last Sunday ( I always weigh in on Sunday mornings)

3. Yes this is my first non-drop weigh in

4. Exercise usually stationary bike 30 min.... treadmill 30 min and today started the 30ds
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    My first suggestion would be to add more fruits and veggies. I'm really not seeing any of those in your daily intake. Make them your best friends. :) You could also add Sugar and Sodium to your diary and monitor them each day... especially the sodium intake. Right now, it appears you may not be eating enough.
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I think you would be shocked to see your sugar intake. So, I would suggest changing your diary settings to track that as well. I also notice in your diary that there are zero veggies and fruit. Definitely need those!
  • dcladydi
    Options
    Okay so I added the sugar and sodium, thanks for the advice... will start to get more fruits and veggies in the diet.
  • dcladydi
    Options
    I am shocked to see that I am over the sugar goal already today... thanks for pointing that out
  • dcladydi
    Options
    bump
  • DropsOJupiter
    Options
    HI there! First off, you are doing nothing "wrong". However, in reviewing a few days of your food diary (thanks for opening it up!), I see that you are sometimes making some counter-productive choices, i.e., skip meals and relying on some processed and/or fast foods, high in sodium. As the previous posters suggested, start including more fresh fruits and veggies. It takes a while and is a journey, not a race. Everyone is different and it takes a while to figure out our personal puzzle. If I can be of any help, give me a shout.
  • QueenNanna
    QueenNanna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How long are you talking about? Chances are if you are working out hard 4 days a week you may be losing fat, but gaining muscle so you may not be seeing results on the scale, Do your clothes fit better? That is what you really want to be looking at....however, if you are talking about a long period of time and still haven't seen a change on the scale then you may be eating too many calories. You need a 500 to 1000 calorie deficit each day to lose weight (burn more than you take in)...but your body also needs enough calories to function.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    1. diary is now open

2. My last weigh in was last Sunday ( I always weigh in on Sunday mornings)

3. Yes this is my first non-drop weigh in

4. Exercise usually stationary bike 30 min.... treadmill 30 min and today started the 30ds

Questions I didn't think to ask before:
    1. height
    2. weight

Couple more questions after checking over your diary some:

1. are you logging accurately (as far as you know)?
    2. How much were you losing previously?
    3. Digital or analog scale?
    4. did you check scale for accuracy (weigh, get off, reweigh, compare numbers)?
    5. how long have you been doing this?

People will probably get on you for not hitting the 1200 mark.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    You are making improvements in what you are eating. As for sugar intake don't worry so much about going over some for sugar from fruits and vegetables but about processed sugars. If you eat what fruit you need it will be hard to stay down. You are eating breakfast now and staying closer to your daily goal. Try that for awhile. I do best with my goal set to 1.5 pounds a week. 1 seems to be too little for me and 2 too much for me to be successful at. You need to find the right place for you. Of course fruits and vegetables will help over processed carbos and sweets. A good treat is high cacao dark chocolate squares. If you need a few more calories nuts and avocado are great. Sometimes you will lose after exercising alot but not necessarily on a day when you have done alot of exercise. Some people do better on varying their calories such as zigzag diets or having a higher calorie days and lower calorie days. It is really what your calorie intake per week is not just each day. However I would stay above 1200 net calories. Salt can stall weight loss for some but water helps alot if you get too much on a day. If you log daily you can tell better what is going on. If you can take checking the scale daily you actually can find out more about yourself but if it discourages you then do what works for you. I find that 1 cup of green or white tea helps me and I have heard that red tea has similare benefits with no caffeine.