not feeling my arm

Options
Hey everyone,
Since I have started working out with lifting some (not heavy at all) weights, I sometimes wake up not feeling my left arm AT ALL . It is just for a couple minutes, but it is pretty scary and not very convenient. I feel my arms hurting when I'm working out but not after usually.
Is there a problem with me or should I just get used to it?

Replies

• brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    My arm falls asleep, regularly. As long as the feelings not hanging out then you're probably fine. If the numbness stays longer then a few minutes, though, I'd go get it checked out by a doctor
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I agree with brityn. There was a time when I used to always sleep on my left side and I would wake up with my arm numb. It would go away in a few minutes. Of course, this could be something totally different. I am not trying to scare you, but if this persists by all means get it checked out by your doctor. :flowerforyou:
  • Booper83
    Booper83 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It just sounds like you are sleeping funny. Take potassium and a multi-vatimin, drink water and remember to stretch your arms as well. If that doesn't help, consult your doctor. Exercies should not cause arm numbess.
  • vlaura
    vlaura Posts: 93
    Options
    Thanks, I will definitely check if it gets worse :)
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    It is something I suffer with occasionally but its brought on by stress with me so it doesn't have to mean its anything sinister or of concern but all the same it will stop you worrying if you get checked.
  • cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That happens to me on occasion in the morning too. I like to think that it's because my muscles are so huge and powerful that my normal sleeping positions are cutting off the circulation. Of course, if you actually saw my arms, you'd probably beg to differ. :)

If it happens every day for more than a week or so I would probably give the doctor a call...can't hurt to check in.