New to the board...

Greetings all.

I've been struggling with my weight since I was a teenager and I'm just tired of it. I always swore to myself that I would lose this weight and get healthy by the time I was 40. Well 40 is only 13 months away so I've decided now is the time.

My husband actually found this site for me and has also joined to support me. I'm so tired of not jumping in on the activities that he and our three sons enjoy doing because I tire so easily. I'm ready to get healthy not only for me but for them.

This site seems like it offers a lot of great advice and support which is just what I need!!!

Glad to "meet" you all!!! :happy:

Replies

• Majbdrake
    Majbdrake Posts: 69
    That is my wife! And I am proud of her!

Bruce
  • Ohiopugmom
    Ohiopugmom Posts: 43 Member
    welcome! One of my big motivations to be here is to keep up with my sons as well. Even though I don't have a lot of weight to lose, I was/am winded after the slightest activity and can't wait to change that.

It is so wonderful you have such a supportive husband as well! Good luck on your journey!
  • LaDawn74
    LaDawn74 Posts: 132 Member
    Glad to meet you both. I'm going to send friend requests to you both.
  • starr68
    starr68 Posts: 62 Member
    Welcome aboard. I just joined this site on Friday and already feel like "one of the family". You will find a lot of motivation and friendly advice. Enjoy your journey. It is good that your husband is doing this with you, two are always better than one.
  • DEE_68
    DEE_68 Posts: 33 Member
    Ahhh that is the sweetest thing i have read all day. Drama, i am in the same place as you , but i am already 41 soon to be 42.I have 3 children of my own and 2 step children.I am also new to this site by just 3 days and i am learning how to work everything ..lol. i am so not computer smart.My sister found me this site, and i am hoping that by next summer my butt will actually fit in the rides at parks again so i can enjoy me kids.Maybe we can be each others inspiration.........:happy:
  • adevereux
    adevereux Posts: 17 Member
    Welcome, if you'd like to friend me please do so. I think this site is awesome. It makes it easy to really see the weight and inches come off, I eat what ever I want in porion control and moderation...cake and pizza is still apart of my diet :) I love how I can work out more to balance a higher calorie day. My only struggle was I got cocky last fall and thought I didn't need the site. I gain a couple pounds back but was mostly able to maintain but didn't lose any further, I know someday there may not be a need for the site, but not until my eating portions and habits are completely where they need to be. But honestly, I think the site just puts things into reality you must burn what you eat or you'll gain, and to lose I need to burn more than I eat. Good luck and if you two want to friend me I'd love to add you to my support team and me to yours :)
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Welcome! I think it's great to see your husband standing beside you supporting you on your goal! Feel free to add me if you'd like.We can all use all the support we can get. I just joined 2 days ago. :)