Advice -- Fish Chowder

Options
pacmanjack
pacmanjack Posts: 866 Member
I'm going to my parents' later today, and my mom is serving Fish Chowder for dinner... the kind she picks up by the container at the local (north of Boston) fish market. They make it right there, and the ingredients are on the label, but I don't think nutritional info is. I won't know till I get there.

Anyway, I did a search in the MFP database, and don't exactly see anything to use as a comparison. Any advice on how to calculate the numbers tonight? I know it's not the LIGHTEST stuff in the world (they use cream), but it is pretty tasty.

Any suggestions, assuming the nutritional info isn't on the label of the containers? I also looked at the fish market's website and they don't have any nutritional info.

Thanks.

Replies

• robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    When I run into this sort of thing, I'll add several similar things from the database to my diary. Then I can see the nutritional/calorie info in my diary, and delete all those but the one I think might be closest to the calorie count -- erring on the side of too many calories. This whole calorie-counting thing just can't be a perfect science every time, so you can only try your best.