ONE pound away from skydiving!!!!

Options
Joyjmb
Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
In Missouri, you have to be under 225 lbs to go tandem skydiving (*that would be strapped to a knowledgeable instructor - the ONLY way to go!) Well, I have lost 35 lbs and am ONE POUND AWAY from their requirement. Technically I'm going to wait until I am 220 before I sign up (why tempt fate!?) but I am SO excited to reach this first milestone of jumping out of a perfectly good plane!! Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement!

Replies

• christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    wow! thats amazing! once i reach my goal weight my reward is going to be skydiving. :) HAVE FUN! :)
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    That is so cool. I am soooo excited for you!!! I would love to go skydiving one day...maybe I should make that one of my weight loss goals! Great job!! :-)
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    congrats !!! must be amazing for you..have fun, and for goodness sake BE SAFE !!! i dont know if i would trust my life to a parachute..
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think you just gave me a new goal reward idea :) I went skydiving for my b'day seven years ago and it was one of the most amazing things I've ever done!! It is SO much fun, and awe-inspiring. I've also hesitated to go again b/c of my weight (I don't even know what the limits are around me; I was way lighter when I went) - but it's officially back on my list of to-dos.

Have fun, and if you can get pictures do it!! ...and post some here. Congrats!
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Way to go!! Lucky its 225 there! Its 150 here in MN :( I have a long ways to go to get there!! But when i do ill be half the person i am now!!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Thats awesome Joy!! :glasses:
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    That is a great milestone! I will be 40 in March and that is my big thing for 40, like you, there is no need to hurry to sign up.... I know I will only ever jump out of a perfectly good plane once in my life. :) Congrats make sure you post pics when you actually get up there!
  • jeansnpearls84
    Options
    Wow!! Way to go!! Lucky its 225 there! Its 150 here in MN :( I have a long ways to go to get there!! But when i do ill be half the person i am now!!

I'm not sure where you got this info, but there are several skydiving companies in Minnesota that have a maximum weight limit of 235 to even 250lbs. I've never seen anything about a weight limit of 150 :)
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congrats and have a safe dive!
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Argh... and today I'm .4 away! So close! =)
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's awesome! I am going skydiving when I hit my 100lbs lost mark!
  • bullmastifflover
    bullmastifflover Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Buy the video if they offer one...watching the video afterward is half the fun. Also, wear long sleeve if they don't give you a jump suit. I have pics of my arms flapping in the wind...really sucked.
  • OttawaJeannie
    Options
    That's so great! I hope you post pics when you get to do it :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!