How do you avoid temptation?

Options
2»

Replies

• mardavlais
    mardavlais Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't give it up completely - 'cause as much as you love it, the more likely it is that you will fail. What I have done is eat it in moderation.

In late February, I made the commitment to lose the weight - but I made no such commitment to stop eating sweets. Rather, I made the commitment to try to resist temptation and try to utilize substitutes - like fruit, teas naturally sweetened with licorice root, sugar free gum or a "diet" dessert - like WW Smart Ones in the freezer section of the grocery store. In my menu, I made sure that I'd eat two pieces of fruit every day - I found that doing this decreased my cravings for sweets 10-fold.

As I exercised and kept up with my 1200 calorie menu plan, I lost 2 lbs per week... and the temptations waned. The *real* sweets simply weren't "worth" the consequences.

Of course, there will be times when you (and the rest of us) will fail, but that's ok... tomorrow is another day - and as long as we have many more good days than bad days, bad days won't be able to hold us back in the long run.