swollen eye

Options
So I woke up this morning and my left eye is swollen. :huh:

Just the lid. Its really sensitive to the touch like it was bruised but I wasn't hit or anything.

I've had some allergys for a while but I've always had allergies and I've never gotten this symptom.

I know this isn't like WEB MD but I was wondering if anyone knew what could be wrong with me. I had a pretty bad eye infection in my right eye last winter and I don't want another one.

There is NO redness or anything...just a swollen eye lid.

Any thoughts?

HELP!:sad:

Replies

• singcoz528
    Options
    So I woke up this morning and my left eye is swollen. :huh:

Just the lid. Its really sensitive to the touch like it was bruised but I wasn't hit or anything.

I've had some allergys for a while but I've always had allergies and I've never gotten this symptom.

I know this isn't like WEB MD but I was wondering if anyone knew what could be wrong with me. I had a pretty bad eye infection in my right eye last winter and I don't want another one.

There is NO redness or anything...just a swollen eye lid.

Any thoughts?

HELP!:sad:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some kind of infection. The husband of a lady in my church has had a horrible time with infected eyelids this past year. They've actually have had to go in and drain it and all kinds of gross stuff.
  • singcoz528
    Options
    ewww...I really hope its not that. I had an infection before but there was redness and pus and other gross stuff...this is just swollen...ugghhh...I don't wanna go to the eye doctor...I hate it when they pull on my lids and put chemicals in my eyes!!!!

Thanks tho!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    If it's just the eyelid but no drainage or discharge from the eye itself and no change in vision, could possibly be a bug bite.
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    it could be a stye...

look that up and see if it sounds like whats hurting your eye! i used to get them in my eyes and nose, quite painful, but harmless!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I would try putting a warm compres on it and see what happens.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    DH & i were camping once and i woke with a swollen eye. i had gotten a bug bite of some sort on the eye lid. went away in a few day. funny we weren't married at the time, so he was teased allot for getting a little rough. LOL.
    good luck.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    i bought some eye solution that came with a cup. it had boric acid and sterile water. that cleared mine up, but it was obviously from allergies.

Spring and Fall are the WORST for allergies. When the leaves fall, and water makes them soggy all KINDs of molds and spores are released.

If it looks worse tomorrow GO to the Dr. It is best to catch the infection early.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    My brother used to get puffy eyelids a lot and he was told to keep a warm wash cloth on it for 10min or so and then wash it really well with baby shampoo.

Hope you heal up quick! :flowerforyou:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hope things are better.....another possibility is just fluid build up. I have this with one eye when my allergies are bad. Apparently the 'drain' in one side doesn't do it's job as well, and at night the fluid kind of pools in the lid, looks puffy and swollen in the am....:angry: but goes away. Hope all comes out well for you!!!.