Effect of fitness on glaucoma?

Options
I went to my eye dr for a six month follow up. Previously, my eye pressure was on the borderline of being diagnosed with glaucoma (like 16 or 16). Now, the pressure has dropped to 6-7! Between appointments, I have lost 50 pounds and have dramatically improved my diet and fitness level. Could this have have had such a dramatic impact on eye pressure?

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    That would be a question for your opthamologist but Im sure it can, sodium levels Im sure can too. Based on your ticker you were extremely obese which leads to loads of health problems, some health problems we still dont know if they are specifically caused by weight or just increased by the weight. Look at my clinics sleep apnea patients, when they drop to a healthy weight some either dont need their oral sleep appliance anymore or gor from possibly needing that AND a CPAP to just needing the oral appliance
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    Great job! I think so. I have too much pressure and swelling around my brain from a psuedo tumor. The nuero gave me medication for all the extra fluid and to release some pressure and swelling. He said that exercise will help reduce the pressure and swelling even more. So I think its totally possible. Awesome job!