Strength Training/ Calories?

Options
I noticed when I put in my cardio exercise I get a credit for extra calories, when I add the strength training it doesn't.
Does anyone know why? I know cardio burns more than weight lifting, but I would think it would burn some.

Replies

• Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I encountered this problem a few days ago and saw a forum addressing it the same day! Under cardio you have to input your strength training as circuit training!
  • KellyPearl
    KellyPearl Posts: 12
    Options
    THANKS!!!!!!!!
  • XDoodlebugger
    XDoodlebugger Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    From that forum:

You can use:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calories.htm

to calculate your calorie burn for weights (and about anything). I add a segment under cardio for weight lifting and put in the calorie burn according to what bodybuilding.com tells me so MFP will track it for me.

I almost always lift in supersets or even free weight circuits with no rest between exercises. At my gym for example I will do a set of squats, isolated curls and tricep kickbacks without a break. At the end of the squats my heartrate is 140 and stays fairly high through the curls and kickbacks before a bit of rest and then repeat. My weight workout lasts about 45 mins and burns a decent amount of calories according to bodybuilding.com.
  • kiawya
    kiawya Posts: 73
    Options
    I dont count them, I only count/eat my cardio calories, It helps me stay on track!