MFP Runners Club-October 1

Options
A new month, a new thread~Happy October everyone.

I did a 5 mile tempo run this morning.

Hope all of you with calf and ankle pain are feeling better today!

Replies

• 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    A new month, a new thread~Happy October everyone.

I did a 5 mile tempo run this morning.

Hope all of you with calf and ankle pain are feeling better today!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I did 3.5 miles at an easy pace bright and early this morning. It was very dark outside! I think I should get a flashlight or something.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Wow I can't believe it's October!

Pace class this morning:

1.5-mile warm-up
    7 200s
    1.5-mile cool-down

Way to go TeachNRun & Kechie for your runs bright and early this AM!
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    5 min warmup
    18 min @ 6.2 mph
    5 min cooldown

I'm back baby!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    We did an indian run for bootcamp and when that didn't work out very well we switched to individual effort for the rest of the course. We did 2.5 miles this am.

Tomorrow our group is thinking of mixing it up a bit so we can start to get faster. Maybe a walk, jog, sprint routine (telephone pole to telephone pole) for 3.5 miles.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Got 3 miles in this morning along with some upper body weights.

Have a great day all!! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    G'morning! I think I have a pulled calf muscle- there's a knot kind of behind my achilles tendon. I'm heating and using my foam roller to massage it and keeping up w/ the Advil.

I'm helping in my dd's class this morning, then headed to the Y for the elliptical & swimming laps. I didn't go y'day, but did P90X Core Synergistics.

Have a good one! Have a good run for me!

Jess
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    G'morning! I think I have a pulled calf muscle- there's a knot kind of behind my achilles tendon. I'm heating and using my foam roller to massage it and keeping up w/ the Advil.

Take care of that muscle, Jess. It sounds like a painful injury.
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Thanks!! Believe me, I thought I was going to either cry or throw up when my dh was massaging it for me last night!! I'm thinking it was the hill running on Sat that did me in... UGH!! At least it doesn't feel like tendonitis, so it should heal up a lot faster! Thanks!

Jess
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I did 3.5 miles at an easy pace bright and early this morning. It was very dark outside! I think I should get a flashlight or something.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.

It is still dark here now also. I have been wondering about getting a Star Trek kind of light? Does Any one know of a good one that maybe straps around the waiste or something so you wouldn't need to hold it. I am in a pretty rural area, and no street lights. I would love to be able to get up and out before the sun if I needed to. I have been keeping my eye out, but haven't seen anything.

Still waiting to run this morning. Last good run before big operation tomorrow, then I will be on the out list for at least the month. I am going to run forever this morning before I have to get ready for work.
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    It is still dark here now also. I have been wondering about getting a Star Trek kind of light? Does Any one know of a good one that maybe straps around the waiste or something so you wouldn't need to hold it. I am in a pretty rural area, and no street lights. I would love to be able to get up and out before the sun if I needed to. I have been keeping my eye out, but haven't seen anything.

Check out Road Runner sports. They should have a 'headlight' that you can clip on the brim of your cap.
    No run for me today, just a workout this morning.
  • granola_girl
    Options

Thanks!! Believe me, I thought I was going to either cry or throw up when my dh was massaging it for me last night!! I'm thinking it was the hill running on Sat that did me in... UGH!! At least it doesn't feel like tendonitis, so it should heal up a lot faster! Thanks!

Jess

I have that too! Man I feel for you! My trainer had this funny looking tool he rubbed on it and my eyes started watering and I felt like I was going to throw up too! I am so glad it is not just me!

I am trying to take it easy for the beginning of this week - so I did 30 minutes eliptical this morning and 30 on the stairmaster. Maybe I get a short easy run in or a walk. Have a great Runs everyone. Hopefully I will be back in full force by the end of the week!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I have that too! Man I feel for you! My trainer had this funny looking tool he rubbed on it and my eyes started watering and I felt like I was going to throw up too! I am so glad it is not just me!

I am trying to take it easy for the beginning of this week - so I did 30 minutes eliptical this morning and 30 on the stairmaster. Maybe I get a short easy run in or a walk. Have a great Runs everyone. Hopefully I will be back in full force by the end of the week!

Oh, no! Not you too!! :frown: It is very painful! Was it a foam roller or the stick?? I'm using the foam roller and it's killing me! I am sitting here w/ a heating pad on it now, then will roll it some more.

Ok, we'll take it easy together!!

Jess
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Thanks for the tip on the road runners sports, I will check them out.

I got in 5.4 miles this morning. It was a tough road, but for a good portion of it I kicked butt.
    It was time for the kids to get dropped off at the high school, and even though I didn't run by the school, I was down the street, and a ton of cars were going by for about a mile, and I ran super fast and graceful during that time. Then when I got passed them all I had to walk for a few minutes and get a drink without running. He he he.:wink: But I looked good infront of all the people anyway.

I am glad I don't usually run during that time most days, I don't know that I could do it that good without falling on my face every time.:tongue:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Had a good workout with the training group last night. We went to the track and did a workout where you run a lap slowly increasing your speed until the end. Then walk a quarter and repeat. It was fun but I am sore today!!!
    Sorry to hear about the injurys - hope you feel better soon.
    Bunny
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    wow guess I am late in the game today!! Anyway, getting ready for 60 min of run time OUTSIDE!!! The hubby took the baby to DC for me so... I get to just run without all the fuss. So excited! So -- hopefully 6 miles or so completed before lunch!!

Take care of those muscles ladies!!
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hello all. No run yet. I did get my fitness assessment today. The trainer said my calves were tight....

Ya think?

On a good note, I found out that the bmi calculators have been measuring me high. I'm officially 22.7 and got told NOT to lose more than another 2-3% if I wanted to have another baby. So I'm where I need to be. I still want to lose weight, but I guess I should just start eating healthy. He wants me back in a month to make sure I "haven't lost too much weight."

It made my day. I'm officially going to get rid of the deficit and let my body take care of itself, since long distance running will probably still be reducing my weight. I may have only lost ten pounds on the scale, but it must have been closer to twenty pounds of fat.

I'm running later and I have martial arts. I'm eagerly awaiting the mail because I think my gps receiver will get here today.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Firegirl -- so jealous I want one!!! haha. I will, I will -- after my five mile race I am going to treat myself me thinks!!

Okay, so I took a route today that was sooo very hilly and took me a little longer but I got 6 miles in so :bigsmile: feels good to me!! Whew, it was tough and my IPOD crapped out on me 1/2 way through (i keep it low so I can hear traffic so no worries :wink:) -- does this happen to anyone else? I am so mad at it, it is going to be in time-out for a while.
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I can't run without music. I guess it's a bad habit (stroller has speakers built in!) especially since they are banned on the marathon courses. Pete-40 bucks on amazon for the receiver(don't go with ebay) But I'll let you know how it works. It didn't get here today, so I won't see it until Friday, but I'm going to test it out immediately!