I made goal 20 lbs. lost with pics!

Options
hollyb9871
hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
I started my journey on MFP the end of January this year at 145 lbs. The reality is I topped out at 159 lbs. a year before that and I'm only 5'4. We had recently moved away from friends and family and if truth be told I comfort ate to feel better about it. I rarely ate fruit even though I like most of them and veggies were eaten even less often. My 2-3 time a week Panera frozen mocha habit did not help. I exercised a little every now and then and at other times not at all. It wasn't until I hit 159 that I had a moment of panic. I hadn't weighed that much since I was pregnant and my youngest was 5 months old. It wasn't long after that my marriage hit a rough patch and I lost 15 lbs. due to stress putting me at 145. While that was better it certainly wasn't ideal for me. So after several months of exercise but not to maximum potential I realized something had to change because I wasn't getting results. In Jan. I stumbled across MFP and rest is history. I drank more water, ate more fruit and veggies and even tried some things that I never would have tried otherwise, like garbanzo beans..who knew! I exercised 5-6 days a week and sometimes twice a day. For me exercise has become my life line to sanity. It's time just for me with no one demanding more juice or a snack or complaining because someone isn't sharing. It took a few weeks to tweak my food and find what setting is ideal for me to lose. For me 1/2 lb. a week was a ideal (though I still lost a pound a week with exercise). It was slower moving that way but it worked for me. I still eat a lot of the same things but much smaller portions and more infrequently and try to make healthier choices. I don't stress about going over my calories as it will all even out in the end. I wanted to do this as something I can live with on a permanent basis.

At this point I'm pretty happy with results. I haven't moved to maintenance mode yet I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing until my body decides enough is enough. I will not get to the point of being too thin as I don't think this is appropriate for me. I turn 40 in September and my goal was to look my best by that point and I'm well on my way to being the best ME there is!

Trying to figure out how to do the pics..

2011-06-19_11-03-38_466.jpg
2011-06-19_10-51-21_573.jpg
IMG_20101123_195314.jpg

Replies

• hollyb9871
    Options
    Sorry pics are so big and in reverse order fixing it now..I hope

I give up the last pic doesn't want to co-operate incase there's any confusion I'm on the left..yep cropped out of the pic at the moment
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Great work girl!! :D
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Sorry the pics are so big and in reverse order but they are up!

Those pics are NOTHING to apologize for! You look fantastic! Congrats!
  • affiregirl
    Options
    You look amazing!!!
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    Awesome!!! Wtg
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    Awesome!!! Wtg
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats on your weight loss
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats on the 20 pounds lost. :bigsmile:
  • tjislovinglife
    tjislovinglife Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look grt
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!
  • ladyluck5210
    ladyluck5210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!! :D:wink:
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    GR8 Work.
  • hollyb9871
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely gorgeous, well done!!! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are smokin' :flowerforyou: :heart: You have a bangin' body!! Way to go!
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Well done- your legs look great I wish I had them!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    congratulations holly!! you look beautiful and strong!! and i LOVE that dress, too! thanks for sharing your inspiring story!!
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!

I actually used to work at Panera and LOVED the frozen mochas... until I had to make the mix. It was one container of flavoring and SIX cartons of half and half! I couldn't believe it! They are so delicious though. ;) I try to do the "light" ones at Starbucks when I have a craving hahaha.

Again, fantastic! You look wonderful!
  • Melsy7
    Melsy7 Posts: 30
    Options
    Holy cow, you look AMAZING!! Love your hair, too. Pretty!
  • Shannibal
    Shannibal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Grats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!