p90X

Options
Hey guys,

ordered my p90x yesterday! Im so excited...My goal is to lose 50 pounds by September 1st. Is anyone else starting p90x? I will most likely be starting at the end of the week when it arrives. Feel free to friend me if anyone wants to do this together.

-Nick

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    From what I hear, P90x is a great program and you'll see great results if you stick to it. But you won't lose 50 pounds in 10 weeks on that or any other program healthily. You might want to re-evaluate your goals to set realistic targets.
  • Biert
    Biert Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm starting p90x today. I do agree with Nightowl though that losing alot of weight in 90 days is healthy. Also in order to stay at a lower weight you'll probably need a lifestyle change. At least I know I did. In januari I started eating less and healthier and I have been losing weight ever since. So now I'm adding p90x to that hoping to also become more active.
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    I wouldn't say 50lbs is out of the question. That is my goal. I am on Day 70 currently so I have 20 days to lose 17 more pounds. I am trying my hardest to get to that 50lbs.

You will feel like a totally different person after a couple of weeks of this program. Let me just say, stick with the yoga, it will not be your favorite workout the first month, maybe even two months, but when you can make it through the workout, it feels great. I have moved Yoga to my Sunday workout instead of Thursdays. I substituted Insanity workouts for Kenpo and Yoga since they didn't give me a good burn. This happened around day 45.

Let me know if you have any questions about the workouts or nutrition and I will be glad to help. Also my diary is open and you can see what I have eaten through all the phases. I did stick with the fat shredder phase for 2 months and now on to phase 2 nutrition even though phase 3 workouts.

Billy
  • ans933
    ans933 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started P90X today - I'll add you and we can suffer together!
  • michelleengland13
    michelleengland13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of P90X, love it so far! Glad to see another chick doing this on here. I still have a substantial amount of weight to lose and know building muscle is the best way to get fat burn. Friend me if you need a buddy.
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I ordered p90x yesterday as well! I got Fedex 2nd day air shipping so hopefully I will have it on Wednesday and can start then. I'll send you a friend request.
  • georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    I am starting in a few days probably wont do it all due to a torn TFCC Ligament in my wrist but will do most things ( please feel free to friend me )
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    Options
    I ust finished the first week! I did the first 30 days in April but fell way off track, took a break, and decided to start back up and stick with it...feel free to add me (anyone!)
  • mandysue1980
    mandysue1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Let me just say, stick with the yoga, it will not be your favorite workout the first month, maybe even two months, but when you can make it through the workout, it feels great.
    Billy

Glad to hear this, I HATE the yoga! I am going on week 3. I have not done the full dvd of yoga yet. I made it 45mins in last week, then skiped to the cool down. I am going to do my best to finish it this week.
  • TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    hello everyone just wanted to say i am currently on day 5 of week 12..next week is my last week and i am a p90x graduate..woowhooo....you all can do it...i have had AMAZING results with p90x to date i have lost 21 pounds and still have another week to loose more with p90x you will love it!!!! oh by the way i didnt mention but i am doing classic