Sensa

Options
Has anyone heard of this Sensa stuff that supposedly helps you lose weight through your sense of smell, and does it actually work?

Replies

• RattieLove
    RattieLove Posts: 125
    Options
    LOL!! Omg the commercial for that made me laugh so hard. I was on my treadmill and it was advertised as this powder that supposedly, when sprinkled on your giant, carbfilled meal, made it healthy or something. Idk. It was too funny though, I would be extremely skeptical about using it.
  • Valorin
    Valorin Posts: 21
    Options
    Lol I saw it too, that's why I had to ask on the forums!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    haha is that what it is? my grandma is on that and I was like what is this? and she was like you put it on your food and then you don't want to eat it.

and i was like.. so this is an anorexic diet?

i think she's been on this for a while now and she looks the same to me... i don't see how it works
  • RattieLove
    RattieLove Posts: 125
    Options
    This is from my own head, no research done, but my own common sense suggests that a carb is a carb, and junk food is junk food. Sprinkling some magic power on it doesn't decrease or change any part of your meal, except now it has a tasteless powder ontop lol. You say it helps someone lose weight by sense of smell? Well that might be logical if this powder smells absolutely horrid to the point where you wouldn't want to eat the junk anymore!! lol! :)
    Just my two cents. I'm pretty sure you'll feel so much better just eating clean and exercising regularly, like nature intended.
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    This is funny. I just returned from the inlaws. My MIL was using sensa. sigh. I'm so sad.

I had to come back and search on the forums, and found that someone posted a link to an webMD article.
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/truth-about-sensa

It's an honest review, and I wish I could email it to her, but DH says no. So, I have to mind my own business unless she asks me specifically about it.

it's very sad that people are always looking for a quick fix. There is no quick fix! When will people learn!?? Very frustrating!