Detox kits

Hi everyone, still here. I have always been interested in trying out a detox kit. Not one that keeps you in the bathroom for a week. I have never tried anything like this, but I hear it is good for flushing out toxins and bacteria from the body's organs. Are they just laxatives you take for a week...if so, not interested. Does anybody know what a kit includes, are there gentle kits, what exactly are the benefits if any, do they actually detox the organs or just clear the bowels, would you recommend it? If it is recommended, I need a brand found in Canada.

Thanks for your input,

Anne

Replies

• deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Hi everyone, still here. I have always been interested in trying out a detox kit. Not one that keeps you in the bathroom for a week. I have never tried anything like this, but I hear it is good for flushing out toxins and bacteria from the body's organs. Are they just laxatives you take for a week...if so, not interested. Does anybody know what a kit includes, are there gentle kits, what exactly are the benefits if any, do they actually detox the organs or just clear the bowels, would you recommend it? If it is recommended, I need a brand found in Canada.

Thanks for your input,

Anne
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Razboo just did a post recently. He is doing a detox. I am not sure if it is a kit?? Send him a post and maybe he can help you out.
    Good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Um, I don't think I did. :) But I drink a lot of green tea. That's all you need and 0 calories!!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Um, I don't think I did. :) But I drink a lot of green tea. That's all you need and 0 calories!!

I apologise, you were the last response on read on it. Sorry.
  • There was a discussion about the colon clense last week I think. It had me interested, but it seems long term and I am not sure if I want that stuff to deal with while I am at work. Otherwise, I think it sounds healthy. I would like to know what at doctor would say about it.
  • Delindy
    Delindy Posts: 24 Member
    I would encourage you to go to your local health food store. They usually have experts to answer your questions. There are tons of detoxifying pills/teas/diets/etc. When I asked an expert I chose a four pills a day method in combination with THE GREAT AMERICAN DETOX DIET (a fabulous book with lots of great vegan recipes).

I do want to say... Dr. Oz on the Oprah show has talked about detox diets and performed a study. The results were...detox diets don't actually get rid of any toxins. BUT he says it's a great "jump start" and balances your body into craving good foods.

Here is an article on the research: http://www.bestsyndication.com/?q=091807_dr_oz_tells_if_rapid_detox_programs_work_on_oprah.htm
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    First off, toxins flush out naturally, thats what are livers and kidneys do for us.

If you want to get cravings under control and feel better then you can detox but a starvation detox is not the way to go. I did the FAT SMASH DIET from Dr. Ian, the doc from celebrity fit club. It is a 10 day detox and it really helped get sugar, salt and fat cravings under control, while still eatting. An added bonus was I got a great kick start in my weight loss, I lost 12 lbs in that 10 days and have kept that off. Anytime I start to feel a bit out of control or crave a lot of sugar I do a mini version of this for about 5 days and that seems to get me back into feeling great and ready to go!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Thanks everyone
  • Easier one then these 'kits', eat healthy, get exercise. Nutrition stores make a killing off such products. Just stay balanced in meals and exercise!