Can't Retain Water...

Options
cem2168
cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
So apparently according to my doctors I am drinking a ton of water but not retaining much of it... do you have any suggestions to help me retain water?

Replies

• tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to retain it? Just curious.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to retain it? Just curious.

this
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't your doctors be better able to tell you that answer?
  • megrrt
    megrrt Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    well sodium will make you retain water and make you bloated but I dont understand why you would want to?
  • CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is really any benefit to retaining water is there? Maybe I'm wrong... I'm not an expert on this.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I need to learn how to retain water, when ever i drink it i cant stop peeing.
  • cem2168
    Options
    because I am constantly thirsty and light headed and peeing every 5 minutes! LOL.... I dont retain much of it at all and its becoming unhealthy
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking?
  • cem2168
    Options
    How much water are you drinking?

I have had 18 glasses of water so far today
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    I'd have the same problem if I drank 18 glasses. :) They told you to drink that much?

I'm not a doctor, but it seems like a lot.
  • cem2168
    Options
    I'd have the same problem if I drank 18 glasses. :) They told you to drink that much?

no.... i am just always thirsty!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    why don't you try and not drink as much...maybe that will help??? idk. 18 glasses is intense.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283

Water recomendations from the mayo clinic...
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Ok...maybe I am misunderstanding you. You want to retain water? Retaining water causes you to hold on to water weight...making you gain. Why in the world would you want to retain water? I'm at a loss as what to say. Maybe I just don't understand what it is you are asking.
  • Losing2Live69
    Options
    why don't you try and not drink as much...maybe that will help??? idk. 18 glasses is intense.

I love your tickers! How did you fit all that in your signature with them limiting it to 10 lines and 500 characters?
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Are you diabetic? I only say this because my cousin was recently diagnosed after spending the last month or so drinking constantly and not being able to quench his thirst. Although I'm assuming your doctors have tested for that...
  • Losing2Live69
    Options

Have you been checked for diabetes? Excess thirst in one of the main symptoms of diabetes. I experienced it before I got diagnosed and treated.
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    It would seem if your doctors felt it was an issue then they would have told you ways to help fix the problem..
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Two things that will help with determining what is up: That is a lot of water to drink, if you are always thirsty do you also have fatigue,weight loss, hunger? These could be signs of diabetes. Has your doctor checked your electrolytes? Low sodium levels can cause dizziness, confusion and seizures.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options

have they checked you for diabetes?