addicted to MFP

Options
It's funny how "addicted" one can get to this site once doing it long enough. My friends wedding is coming up this Saturday and aside from a pesky half pound, I have met my first short term goal of losing 20 pounds for the wedding and looking good in my dress. In fact the dress could even be a little tighter....so yesterday I had decided to "take the week off". I wasn't going to PIG OUT, but I didn't log my calories for dinner last night figuring there is now way I could do any significant damage by Saturday, and it may actually be a good thing to not lose a pound this week so my dress will stay up.

I couldn't do it! I felt gross and fat last night, and this morning I was right back to logging my food. I can't stay away!!!!!! Haha. But I probably am not going to work out this week....I have too much to do and plus it has been raining so that puts a damper on my bike rides. The only downfall to that is my legs are going to feel like rubber next week when I start up again.

Here's to a healthy addiction :drinker:

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    It's funny how "addicted" one can get to this site once doing it long enough. My friends wedding is coming up this Saturday and aside from a pesky half pound, I have met my first short term goal of losing 20 pounds for the wedding and looking good in my dress. In fact the dress could even be a little tighter....so yesterday I had decided to "take the week off". I wasn't going to PIG OUT, but I didn't log my calories for dinner last night figuring there is now way I could do any significant damage by Saturday, and it may actually be a good thing to not lose a pound this week so my dress will stay up.

I couldn't do it! I felt gross and fat last night, and this morning I was right back to logging my food. I can't stay away!!!!!! Haha. But I probably am not going to work out this week....I have too much to do and plus it has been raining so that puts a damper on my bike rides. The only downfall to that is my legs are going to feel like rubber next week when I start up again.

Here's to a healthy addiction :drinker:
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! Yesterday we were having our "pizza party" at the office, and I had to run back to my computer so that I could log the pizza and find out how much damage I was doing!

I'm on MFP ALL DAY LONG at the office...Can't beat that!
  • lascolaj514
    lascolaj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about being addicted to the site and I've only been at it a month. I'm so glad I work out of my home so I can hop on and off the computer pretty much any time I want. I've only lost 3 pounds but I know I'm heading in the right direction. I miss my diet of sweets and minimal healthy nourishment. I haven't been able to cut out the sugar especially chocolate but I've cut down so.....much. You've done great. Congratulations. Jackie
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    This is a new favorite site for me too! A friend recommended it and I'm loving it! I'm so addicted I log my food in the morning of what I think I'm going to eat so I can spread it out and make sure I'm eating good through the day! It also keeps me from waiting til my husband comes home from work to actually see what we could have for dinner :tongue:
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    :smile: I totally understand! A co-worker recommened this site to several of us that are trying to lose weight, and now we are all addicted! I keep it up all day and pop on whenever I can! :laugh:
  • itzcool4me
    Options
    I'm totally addicted too!! Even yesterday when I was having some corn chips and tuna (don't ask, haha), I measured the chips out by oz. and my friend thought I was crazy! I said hey, I'm finally seeing results, so why am I going to stop counting now!!

There are some days where I don't to log my dinners if I've eaten out somewhere...But then I do it anyway because then I'll learn the consequences if my progress doesn't keep up. This is a tab I keep open at all times on my browser! I love it!

Keep up the good work everybody! :happy:

91983.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah.... I start to twitch every time our satellite ISP goes down, and I can't log either food, or exercise, or threads?! My palms start to sweat, and the vision gets blurry and grey around the edges... but no, I'm not addicted.... So yea everyone in here for making those positive vhanges and doing sumpn GOOD for ourselves again! :drinker: