This is me

1985kristian
1985kristian Posts: 3
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! I've been using MyFitnessPal off and on for a while but have never really touched the forums the whole time. However it would be great to get a network of help, support and advice for fitness and weightloss

I'm Krisitan, Have never been overweight as such but always considered myself a little bigger and never really thought much about it, that was until I realised there was this place they call the gym. I was offered a chance to join a gym while at work and I guess I walked in there got to know it and it became my new best friend... of course In due time I introduced my friends to the gym and as time went by I made friends in the gym and they taught me about these amazing things they call group classes. Being a former bike rider in my younger days my friend was a regular in the RPM classes and I said that's it I'm gonna do it!!! and I have never looked back... the other classes were however somewhat very female oriented and I felt out of place that was until I learned about Les Mills Body Pump from my regular RPM instructor who taught both, he taught me the benefits of muscle endurance and when I read up on that I never looked back. Nowadays I combine 5+km runs and weights along with both of those classes,

they have become a part of my life and I have never looked back. But I haven't stopped there, being around the 75kg mark felt depressing and I knew what had to be done, it was also the diet that had to change so a little research into healthy eating and I now count the carbs and fats but also know how to have my cake and eat it too....

unfortunately this has not always rubbed off on all of my friends, some of them never took the advice and still hit the drive through's daily so that's why I thought to myself my results will show them exactly what they are missing out on :D.

Finally good luck to all on their fitness journey but also remember to live life a little, celebrate with the glass of wine for a birthday, enjoy the large roast over christmas, don't let the diet and exercise rule life make a fair balance like I have. Your body will love you for it!!!
This discussion has been closed.