I'm New!! Totally random question

Options
How does this all work? I mean did someone actually sit down and out this website together? How can they afford to not charge us a monthly fee? Is this just a service to the public? I hope that someone is making money off this great site! Sorry that this wasn't a diet related question.

Replies

• apolloboo
    apolloboo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How does this all work? I mean did someone actually sit down and out this website together? How can they afford to not charge us a monthly fee? Is this just a service to the public? I hope that someone is making money off this great site! Sorry that this wasn't a diet related question.
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I think they get some money from the banner adds...
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Mike is the great guru who put together this fantabulus site! I don't know where he got all of his info, but Banks is the resident nutrition dude, who has all the bestest answers! And yeah, the banner ads keeps it free for us mere mortals to use. We owe all TPTB a LOT of gratitude for giving us the tools, resources, and family and friends to git r done...
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I think it's banners too, and a whole lot of gratitude from us :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it's the ads.... and just pure generosity. Mike does this entire site on his own. He gives up so much time to help us and we all appreciate it very much :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Yeh MIKE!! :love:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Mike started it when he was trying to lose weight.
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Mike's profile answers it :

"My name is Mike, and I'm the creator of MyFitnessPal. I made the site because I wanted to lose weight, but I didn't like any of the other calorie counters I found on the web - so I made my own! I hope you like it as much as I do. And since it's just me working on the site, it doesn't cost much to run so I can afford to make it available to everyone for free. "

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mike