What....

Options
gec1266
gec1266 Posts: 201 Member
When you need to have something to satisfy that craving...what is your "go to" food/snack? What is that one thing that you know will do it and not blow your calorie count out the window?

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate for sweet cravings. Special K cracker chips for salty cravings. :) I've come a long way since I started this journey, so cravings are few and far between now. But there are times when a trip to Red Lobster or Cold Stone Creamery are absolutely necessary and to heck with the calories! lol
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't have just one - it depends on what I'm craving. have lots of good stuff that is low calorie that satisfies my cravings.

If it's sweet stuff - 1/2 cinammon raisen bagel thin with PB2 chocolate peanut butter (100 calories)
    or Fresh Pineapple - 1 cup - 83 calories
    or Fiber One Oats and Caramel Bar - 140 calories

Salty - 6 triscuits - 120 calories
    I make mini pizza using plain bagel thins, pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni and reduced fat cheese - 109 calories

I eat pretty darn good for a girl watching her nutrition!

Yvonne :flowerforyou:
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Tzatzaki sauce made with non fat Greek yoghurt.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    If I don't allow myself the flavor I'm craving (sweet, salty, creamy, ect.), then I usually try drinking hot green tea and eating organic carrot chips.
    Weird, I know. But the sweetness from the carrot, and the fact that I can mindlessly munch on them really helps.
  • chelios7
    chelios7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I finger tip's worth of Nutella.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Watermelon, Honeydew Melon, and strawberries dipped in nonfat vanilla yogurt for sweet cravings (but the melons will fill you up and give you lots of sweetness...and you can eat tons w/out too many cals).
  • jfox
    jfox Posts: 11
    Options
    All natural peanut butter and celery!!
  • Yeoville
    Yeoville Posts: 9
    Options
    Anything you put in front of me - I'll eat.