Jello legs and shaky?

Options
So I am brand new exerciser ans I just finished day one of the 30 day shred, I gave it my all I thought I was going to literally die, but I got through it.

I hopped in the shower and now that i'm out my legs feel like jello, when I walk it feels like they are going to give out and are shaky, is this normal? or was I doing it wrong?

Replies

• michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Normal! You are just working muscles you haven't worked in a while. I was the same way!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    It's times like those I know I've done everything in a workout!!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Normal, you are just not used to it.. just make sure you are drinking water and eating right and over time your body will get used to it... GREAT JOB on getting through it!!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    That was how I always felt after a run.

Now I still feel like that after I use the "death machine" at the gym.
    That thing kills me.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Definitely normal. For the first couple days after I started 30ds, my legs were so shaky and sore I had to hold onto the railing when going up and down the stairs and I'd actually have to hold onto the sink to get on and off the toilet. Lol. Im now on my 2nd round. You just gotta keep at it.
  • cassmsta
    cassmsta Posts: 75
    Options
    Thank you, good to know i'm doing it right. :P
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    sounds like you've had a great workout. and pushed yourself. it's great when you go for broke and don't hold back, you'll get awesome results.
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said it's normal. It's not the best feeling in the world but trust us, your body will get used to it and soon you won't have jello legs. But, don't forget that as soon as your workout becomes to easy and you don't feel anything anymore it's time to switch routines. good luck.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    noo it's wrong! it's not supposed to feel like jello! it's supposed to feel like pudding......chocolate pudding!......mmmm chocolate......... ok bad joke I know:bigsmile: