ARMS

Options
Yes, I want to lose some weight and tone, but overall I don't dislike my body. The only part I really hate is my arms!

Anyone have any favorite arm-toning routines or tips to share? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Yes, I want to lose some weight and tone, but overall I don't dislike my body. The only part I really hate is my arms!

Anyone have any favorite arm-toning routines or tips to share? :flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid of the free weights and bench press! Push ups, bench press (incline and flat as well as decline) tricep kickbacks, preacher press.....All of these are fab!!! They work more than your arms, but they require you to use your stabilization muscles in your arms.

Google "arm routines for women". You will come up with a lot of great things to tone your arms. But don't forget the cardio!

:flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I do dips off my chair for the back of my arms
  • JanCar
    JanCar Posts: 51
    Options
    One of my faves is the tricep dip. You can use a bench, step, chair, even a ball to do this one.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Push ups are great! Instead of doing 3 sets of 10, do a min and see how many you can do. Do this three times, with rest inbetween of course. Then you have something to gage if you are getting stronger.
    I would suggest doing time instead of reps for your arm exercies. Pushups, dips, anything that uses your body weight are excellent!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    O! and Planks. O lord, do I shake while doing them!!!!
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm running for cardio and doing some core exercises, but the backs of my arms are the WORST spot. I'll definitely try the dips.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm running for cardio and doing some core exercises, but the backs of my arms are the WORST spot. I'll definitely try the dips.

Dips are great for triceps. And don't be afraid of weights, that's the only way to *tone up* (I hate that term) those arms!

Jess
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

and pushups! Great for your whole upper body. :flowerforyou:
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    I just saw this awesome post on the Motivation Message Board and joined, it's all about pushups and challenging yourself! Everyone totally needs to check it out, i'm so excited to get started and tone these flabby arms!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/26816-hundred-push-ups-october

-Laura