need help with choices

Options
I have changed my eating habits to eating carbs like fruits and veggies, or low sugar meals, and staying away from breads, pastas, cereals, etc. I sometimes at night get a little hungry and want a small snack, like 30 minutes to 1 hr sometimes before bed, which I know is bad to eat before going to bed. I usually eat some type of fruit like grapes or an orange, but what I was wondering, is there a better fruit to eat before bedtime that has less sugar/carbs, or do these fruit sugars even affect me since they are natural sugars? What is the best healthy late fruit snack, if I must have one? Or is there another food that is better? apotts

Replies

• apotts
    apotts Posts: 23
    Options
    I have changed my eating habits to eating carbs like fruits and veggies, or low sugar meals, and staying away from breads, pastas, cereals, etc. I sometimes at night get a little hungry and want a small snack, like 30 minutes to 1 hr sometimes before bed, which I know is bad to eat before going to bed. I usually eat some type of fruit like grapes or an orange, but what I was wondering, is there a better fruit to eat before bedtime that has less sugar/carbs, or do these fruit sugars even affect me since they are natural sugars? What is the best healthy late fruit snack, if I must have one? Or is there another food that is better? apotts
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I always eat something at night. My favorite is alittle yogurt Light and fit vanilla (like 1/2 cup or less) a little fat free cool whip and some Kellogs cereal on top ( almond or yogurt special k) feels like I am having ice cream so good and keeps you full and me ready for my run the next morning......

Alisha
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Eating directly before bed isn't a HUGE NO-NO. If it made us gain weight, we could just use that method for all the starving children all arounf the world!:wink:

So long as it isn't half a chocolate cake or a hamburger, you'll be great!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It's fine to have something light to eat before bed. Make sure you aren't completely eliminating complex carbs from you diet, you're body needs carbs for a fuel source. Carbs get a bad wrap...make your carb choices smart, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread (read the label, make sure it's not made from enriched and/or bleached flour, and no High Fructose Corn Syrup). The complex carbs are bulky, so they have a lot of fiber and take longer for your body to breakdown, therefore filling you up longer. Sometimes at night I'll have a few celery sticks with natural peanut butter and a few Kashi crackers (I love crunchy food).

Stephanie