30lbs Challenge-Team Bootie Busters-Weekly Challenge-888

Options
Well Hello again teammates of Bootie Buster!

sangostar , hzminda ,walkingirl1985,3monkeymama, divalovely, drwalker09, oxsaraxo, rorosaw, hannahgray

Thank you for taking part in last weeks 'Exceeding your Weekly Calorie burn Challenge' a lot of you have posted your goals for last week and you achieved and exceeded them as a team we must be proud, it demonstrates your bootie kicking commitment WELL DONE!! However, what I really wanted is your calorie burn figure in your exercise diary was it over the amount MFP said you should burn? If you have logged all your burn for the week and you have exceeded that figure then there is still time to post that figure to this link below and receive a badge:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/268063-30lbs-challenge-team-bootie-buster-weekly-challenge

Well today is Monday Hooray!!!!!!!!

Why? Because it is the start of a new MFP week! Yes we have a renew drive to succeed! A new fitness goal! A new plan of action! So that calls for a new challenge!!!

Yep it’s here the Triple 8 challenge (888):explode: . What is the triple 8 challenge or 888 for short?
The Triple 8 Challenge is very simple all you need to do is to complete three (3) daily calorie burn of 888 or greater for the week. Let’s break it down the total burn must be 888 or greater 887, 88l, 886 it don’t count!! So drwalker and Sangostar, when you get on that Elliptical Machine at your gym this week and someone ask how long you going to be just say: ‘I am not getting off until I see that figure reads 888 or above’. They won’t understand but we get you! Lol:laugh:

Just record three figures of 888 or above this week as your daily calorie burn!! Some people may go for four days of 888 or even five which is great! but I say aim for 4 and if you get 3 then job done!!! Yes, Roro I know what you thinking that will call for an action plan I hear your mind buzzing with things like>How am I going to achieve that? What exercise should I do this week? How long should I exercise for? Do I exercise in the morning and evening to achieve that figure? Is my polar ready for me? I hear you teammates I know you got the buzz it’s contagious! Come on walkingirl start lacing up those shoes, 3monkeymamma let those money loose and Divalovely it’s time to be a gym Diva put on those hot pants and start sweating!!

Once you have done three days of exercise that you got a figure of 888 or above as your total calorie burn for 3 different days this week then you have completed the challenge, it’s that simple but the question is CAN YOU DO IT?

Bootie Busters if you are ready for the challenge respond to this post with the first statement of YES I Can!! And say what exercise you are going to do to make sure that for three days this week you achieve this. (888 Is Enough!!)

Now stop reading and start planning!! Let’s go Bootie Busters its 888 this week nothing less!!! CAN YOU DO IT?????

Replies

• Stelynru
    Stelynru Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sounds tough but I will get it done!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    OH YEAH! Wed and Thurs are def my high calorie burn because I do zumba, so now I just have to pick up an extra high calorie burn day! (the days dont' have to be consecutive, do they?) Can't wait to get started and get some motivation and positive energy from this group even though I'm not apart of the main challenge. Thanks for the invite!
  • drwalker09
    drwalker09 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Spiceshirl, you are the besssssst! Thank you for creating this challenge. I will not be in the gym for the next 2 weeks due to my crazy a** work schedule. HOWEVER, I will be on my feet for 8hrs a day. I'm looking for my pedometer which calculates calories burned :) I'm posting to the team in a day or two to check in. And yes! I reached my goals last week :) I did not have a SV this week, BUT I did have a NSV, i fit into the next size down ^_^ Keep up the great work folks!
  • TanajaP
    TanajaP Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    wow.. this is seriously motivating! the hubs was peaking over my shoulder as i was reading this and he was like "babe, you GOT to try that!"

is it too late for me to join you guys?
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Hey Spice!

I am def. in! I have a question though o.o --> How do I calculate my calories burned if I don't have a calorie monitor/HRM?

Should I just log it into MFP?

Below is my schedule for the week:

Monday - ALL day school :(

Tuesday - BFBM - 55 min, workout, 1 mile Jog/Walk, 30 day shred - 20 minute workout (yard work/house work)

Wednesday - BFBM - 55 min, workout, 1 mile Jog/Walk, 30 day shred - 20 minute workout (yard work/house work)

Thursday - BFBM - 55 min, workout, 1 mile Jog/Walk, 30 day shred - 20 minute workout (yard work/house work)

Friday - BFBM - 55 min, workout, 1 mile Jog/Walk, 30 day shred - 20 minute workout (yard work/house work)

Saturday - Weigh-In day :)

M.
  • oxSaraox
    oxSaraox Posts: 27
    Options
    I will do it!!!! I am going to walk everyday this week for an hour and half each day and 3 days do the 30 DS :)
  • spiceshirl
    spiceshirl Posts: 177
    Options
    Hi Pals,

Thanks for your response so far bootie busters and to challenge members TanajaP, Steph and Teamleela you are welcome to participate in our weekly challenge since we are all here for the same reasons that is to kick our butts into shape, get fit and loose weight!!.

I Love the energy of the team!! Well Done Captain Drwalker,:smile: you already have a plan of action to achieve that tripple 888 burn, with your pedometer, not going to the gym this week is certainly no excuse for you. Thats a true leader!

Teamleela to answer your question its not consecutive days its any 3 days between Monday- Sunday. HZMINDA love your plan of action am working on posting mine soon, to answer your question you don't need an HRM, just log your exercise into MFP and if the number are not more than 888 then it means the next day you have to add more to your routine if you did 60 minutes walking and it adds up to 736 then next day you know you would need to do 100 minutes walking to get the burn of 888. Examine your exercise diary to see the days you had big burns. What did you do that day? Maybe you can do it for this challenge.. I Know you can do it team!!!

Now JUST DO IT !!!!!
  • atashap
    atashap Posts: 85
    Options
    Hello team :smile:
    Yes I am new to the group and so excited to be apart of the group because I was getting kinda discouraged and recenlty got a new scale that is way different from my old scale so I had to edit my start weight and it feels like Im having to start all over:ohwell: but its all good as long as I get into oneDerland soon:grumble: I will be alright, and challenges like these will help me along the way.

This is going to be an exciting challenge b/c this week is going to be so crazy for me, but imma get it done. Well my big workout days are tues, wed, and thurs the rest is a kinda playing it by ear, but with the combination of my C25K, Zumba, 30DS and my classic Leslie Sansone series triple 8's should be achieved. Good luck to everyone.:bigsmile:
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Awesome Challenge! I am in. 888 or more per day at least three days this week. I'm loving It!
  • divalovely
    divalovely Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    YES I CAN! T

TURBO KICK & ELLIPTICAL -1100 CALS(WED)
    ELLIP&STAIRMASTER THURS&FRI- 888 CALS

BURN BABBBBBBY6YYY BURRRRNNNNNN:)
  • TanajaP
    Options
    so far today.

insanity - max cardio conditioning
    turbofire - class 30
    revabs - fire up your abs

grand total = 938

YESSSSS!!
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options
    So I believe the 30 lbs challenge is no longer :(

But, I was hoping that we could all still be the Bootie Busters team to support each other :)

I already e-mailed Drwalker to inform her that I will be able to make a chart of our weigh-ins and post it every sunday :)

Also, so far today I have completed BFBM (55 min. cardio workout). Still have to do the shred and jog :)

M.
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options
    Here is the link to the spreadsheet so far. It is not done, as you can see :P

If you e-mail me your weigh-in for Week 1 and 2 I can have it updated :)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhTYJL9X504BdFU5SkxrZGpqcElQSi1RQW9EdGc5TlE&hl=en_US&authkey=CMPjjokD#gid=0

We can still do this together!

M.
  • TanajaP
    Options
    i'm confused.. what happened?!
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options
    i'm confused.. what happened?!

We were in a 30lb challenge and the person who started it decided to end it :( because people were being rude and such.
    So there are no longer any teams :( But I really need the motivation and I have been doing really well since it started :)

So I was hoping that the bootie busters team could still weigh-in weekly and I would post a chart of the progress each week Sunday.

You can join in too for the weigh-in's. you just have to e-mail me your weight by Saturday :)

M.
  • atashap
    atashap Posts: 85
    Options
    Okay I didn't even pay that 30lb challenge any mind but I am new to the bootie buster group and these must go on I was burning today and it really helped me to focus on the triple 8 deal so team please don't stop the support.:smooched:
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just checking in and giving a shout out to all you Bootie Girls. As I sit here I am trying to convince myself to get up and go meet my 888 goal for the day. But it's stinking HOT outside!!
    :smile:
  • TanajaP
    Options
    lol @ me not even realizing that a group existed. i thought it was just the weekly challenges and stuff. this triple 8 burn has been right on time for me to keep me motivated
  • divalovely
    divalovely Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to the spreadsheet so far. It is not done, as you can see :P

If you e-mail me your weigh-in for Week 1 and 2 I can have it updated :)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhTYJL9X504BdFU5SkxrZGpqcElQSi1RQW9EdGc5TlE&hl=en_US&authkey=CMPjjokD#gid=0

We can still do this together!

M.

Thanks for volunteering 2 keep this going....my stats are as follows:
    Challenge SW 228
    6-11-11 224
    6-18-11 221