NIKE+

Options
GorillaNJ
GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
So I got myself a new pair of Nike Sneakers yesterday... Air Span +7...

Not really know what I got.. the price was what I was looking for, they are comfortable, fit well and seem that they will be good for me to wear to the gym for my workout routine and also use them for running.

I get the home and see it has this Nike + thing.... Seems like a pedometer or a HRM that goes in your shoe and will talk with my Ipod... I am new to both running and the ipod... Can anyone fill me in on what it does and if I should go buy this chip for the shoe or just keep doing what I am doing.

If you have/use it let me know what you think about it....

Replies

• DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Looks like it could be a pretty awesome tool:

http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    JEALOUS!!! ive only heard about it but i know it'd be a big motivator to me!! good job at getting something extra out of your purchase and not having a clue!! :)
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it. It measures your distance and pace and when you sync your ipod, it logs your run information on the nike website, which you can also set to feed to your facebook or twitter account.

ETA: It also tells you calories burned.

Edited (again) to add: The sensor itself is only $19. But be sure you don't have an ipod that needs the adapter for it.
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    It is an awesome tool but it depends on what exercise you do....if you run or walk it will record it to your ipod or phone. if you use bike (spinning), elliptical, where your feet don't actually leave the floor (equipment) etc........it doesn't track.
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have one but I dont have the nike+ plus so this could be wrong, I wear mine in a pouch on the front of my shoe.

Ive been very disappointed with the Nike+ for me it never recorded my distance properly even when I tried to sync it with a treadmill, I did a few 5kms and it was always about .7km off which is abit frustrating.

BUT it might work better in nike+ shoes, it would be really useful if it worked for me!
  • dinichols
    dinichols Posts: 37
    Options
    Buy it! I just got one and love it...like you I had some Nike shoes and they were the plus kind,,I've had the shoes for awhile but have just gotten back into running so I bought the chip. You can do several things with it, I just recently told it I wanted to do a 5k. As I was running it told me when I completed 1k then when I was 1/2 way done etc. It also tells you your current pace. It tells you calories burned but I use a HRM for that which is more accurate. If you are getting into running it's a great motivator and easy way to track your progress.
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    I do have just an ipod and would need to get the little adapter... had anyone used it with that and not the iphone app?
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    what do you mean by "just an ipod"??

classic?
    nano?
    itouch?
    shuffle?

I have an itouch and have no problem with it whatsoever
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    what do you mean by "just an ipod"??

classic?
    nano?
    itouch?
    shuffle?

I have an itouch and have no problem with it whatsoever

LOL it is what my sister gave me when she got a new one... I think it is a nano 2nd generation
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I don't think you'd need the adapter, just the sensor......but don't hold me to it :wink: